Sign in to follow this  
vx4ever

Menu bar dissapearing while running NGX

Has anyone else experienced a Menu bar disappearing in FSX, I just did a clean install of everything and after installing NGX my menu bar shows but with not text and sometimes creates a CTD.My specs are W7 64-bit4 gb memoryI5-2500K P8P67 Asus

Hello anonymous,Do you think it could be a problem with your FSX installation?Edit: Or your PC?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hello anonymous,Do you think it could be a problem with your FSX installation?
Hi, tried reinstall twice only happens with pmdg ngx and mostly around FSDT KLAXDanny.

I had all sorts of problems with the demo, missing options and repeat options in the menu bar to name a few....crazy thing was though, better frames than flytampa .

Guest firehawk44
Has anyone else experienced a Menu bar disappearing in FSX, I just did a clean install of everything and after installing NGX my menu bar shows but with not text and sometimes creates a CTD.My specs are W7 64-bit4 gb memoryI5-2500K P8P67 Asus
I think you have a corrupted dll.xml. On the PMDG website, PMDG has posted an excellent troubleshooting article for the dll.xml - http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a92/dllxml-information-and-troubleshooting.aspx . When you reinstalled FSX, did you disable UAC and any anti-virus program? You should. Did you reinstall SP1 and SP2 if appropriate (if you have Acceleration installed, Acceleration includes those SP's)? I did a Google search for 'menu bar text disappears fsx' and there are a lot of other flight simmers who have had the disappearing text in the menu bar in the distant past but I could find no solutions posted. I only scanned a few posts though. Whenever you get a CTD, you should check the Event Viewer and look at the date and time of the crash and see if it shows a faulting module or gives you an explanation for the crash.Best regards,Jim

I think you have a corrupted dll.xml. On the PMDG website, PMDG has posted an excellent troubleshooting article for the dll.xml - http://support.preci...leshooting.aspx . When you reinstalled FSX, did you disable UAC and any anti-virus program? You should. Did you reinstall SP1 and SP2 if appropriate (if you have Acceleration installed, Acceleration includes those SP's)? I did a Google search for 'menu bar text disappears fsx' and there are a lot of other flight simmers who have had the disappearing text in the menu bar in the distant past but I could find no solutions posted. I only scanned a few posts though. Whenever you get a CTD, you should check the Event Viewer and look at the date and time of the crash and see if it shows a faulting module or gives you an explanation for the crash.Best regards,Jim
Hey Jim, no antivirus installed its my FSX computer and have acceleration just tried 2 flights no problems and this is after captain sim instillation and KSFO so maybe it fixed, we'll see. thanx tho Danny.

vx4ever, since nobody else bothered to mention it I will. Real names are required in the PMDG Support Forums so they can verify your an actual customer. You can put it at the bottom of your post or in your signature.