Sign in to follow this  
skyrider

Incorrect Thrust Mode Annunciations

Has anyone else noticed incorrect thrust mode annunciations at various stages of flight?I regularly see 'CLB' or 'CRZ' in the TMA when on final approach when it should be showing 'GA' (Yes, AUTO is selected in the N1 page in the FMC.)Cheers,Doug

Doug,I haven't seen anything like this myself. Some more info would help us to nail this for you:You say you 'regularly' see CLB and CRZ annunciated. I take it this means you don't always see them?What autopilot modes are you using? Is there a cruise segment in your flight?Does the limit change between the two? When do you see this happen?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Has anyone else noticed incorrect thrust mode annunciations at various stages of flight?I regularly see 'CLB' or 'CRZ' in the TMA when on final approach when it should be showing 'GA' (Yes, AUTO is selected in the N1 page in the FMC.)Cheers,Doug
Oh no no no. GA will appear under very specific conditions. Below 2000 agl or (extra Boeing option) GS captured or above 2000 agl flaps not up and "past" the cruise phase.GA limit means that the go around mode is armed hence TOGA button is active. From what you say you either fly without the FMC prepped (even at minimum) or you do your own stuff in your own fashion. The plane on the other hand has its own rules.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

This seems to occur following an early turnback to the departure airfield. I.e. the planned cruise altitude has not been reached & the SID abandoned for an early return to the departure airport. I will investigate further & get back to you...Doug

This seems to occur following an early turnback to the departure airfield. I.e. the planned cruise altitude has not been reached & the SID abandoned for an early return to the departure airport. I will investigate further & get back to you...Doug
Dr. (as in PHD) Vaos has already explained this is not incorrect behavior. He ought to know, he wrote the code.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Dr. (as in PHD) Vaos has already explained this is not incorrect behavior. He ought to know, he wrote the code.
For the real aircraft?Doug

For the real aircraft?Doug
No. For the PMDG one. But it happens that he's right since the real aircraft behaves like he said.

I wonder who actually wrote what on this plane. There's a bunch of coders listed.sig.gifOh hey Pan, good to see ya around... cool.png

Edited by badderjet