Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

Weather..

Captains,Is there a weather maker utility that can make weather, not real weather, but predefined.Lets say for example, I want to fly from KFSO to KLAX, with fair weather to start with what slowly detoriates, in a thunderstorm above LAX.I want to have it in a smooth transition, thats important. I believe IdealFlight does offer such thing, but I am only looking for the weather creation, not the whole thing.Also, I know it can be setup within FSX but thats not easy, and to detailed to do so everytime.So, question is, any tool around here that can do this ?

Guest jahman
Is there a weather maker utility that can make weather, not real weather, but predefined.
Sure, ASE from Hi-Fi Sim: You can define the weather you want for any weather station you want and have the weather change smoothly as you fly from one weather station to the next (due to weather interpolation). Better yet, you can save weather conditions you like (real or custom) for use at a later time....
I know it can be setup within FSX but thats not easy, and to detailed to do so everytime...
You only have to set-up your weather once, then save it as a flight.Cheers,- jahman.

I know of Ase, and know how to save it.Just looking for a non realweather easy tool, and free of charge.

its dead, saw it when googling, but seems to be a real weather program. Worried.gif

I think the Aussie guys - or Orbx - has a bunch of ready-to-use weather scenarios. Might take some digging - sorry - can't tell you more - it's been a couple of years since I downloaded them.Edit:I'm pushing them up to MediaFire at this moment: 23.5 MB...Here you go:- This was taken directly out of my FSX root, so just drop the whole folder "Weather" plus the three files with it, plus the two folders "Clouds" and "Themes" under it" - into yours - it should work fine.http://www.mediafire.com/?yytah8zt9z2k3

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I know of Ase, and know how to save it.Just looking for a non realweather easy tool, and free of charge.
If you don't consider the initial cost of purchasing FSX, establishing custom weather for individual stations is free using what is available in the flight sim.  I don't know how well it works because I use ASE, but the options seem to be there.But of course you already considered that.

Art

I think the Aussie guys - or Orbx - has a bunch of ready-to-use weather scenarios. Might take some digging - sorry - can't tell you more - it's been a couple of years since I downloaded them.Edit:I'm pushing them up to MediaFire at this moment: 23.5 MB...Here you go:- This was taken directly out of my FSX root, so just drop the whole folder "Weather" plus the three files with it, plus the two folders "Clouds" and "Themes" under it" - into yours - it should work fine.http://www.mediafire.../?yytah8zt9z2k3
Thanks I will try them out. But.. always a but, arent themes not setting the weather globally? I ment, you wont have transitions and always have the same weater.I look for an easy way to set the weatherstations on my route to different predifined 'themes', who smoothly go from one to the other.We can do this manually, but that is cumbersome if you have a lot of stations on your route!Strange that no programmer tought about this. Why alway use real wx? Only interresting when you fly online for example.Imagine if you have a simple utility what can read your flightplan from FSX, and generate weather for it, by your entered preferences, like building up a storm on arrival or something like that.Someone can take the challenge?

Try JustFlight's "Cargo Pilot" - it generates enroute weather.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi, I just learned that weather themes dont be global per se, but cover a 1000x1000km area. Just enough for my needs.They can be made dynamic with dynamic weather.I found a theme creator, albeit old. Off to try some.