Sign in to follow this  
downhilldave

Adding a shortcut panel "switch" to an Exel spreadsheet?

Hi!I have a nasty feeling that I'm asking a dozy question here, but here goes...I'm perfectly happy with moving whole panels between a/c; installing new pop-up windows in panels; using/resizing switches/gauges from one a/c in another; moving pop-up window placements around - you get the picture I'm sure. But I've been stumped by the idea of adding a "switch" to a panel which is really just a shortcut to an external Exel spreadsheet.I've recently found (years later than most folk I imagine!) a handy descent rate Exel-based calculator. As a keen user of Cargo Pilot I often find myself accepting a new job before realising that I'm flying into somewhere at night that doesn't have ILS - or perhaps even runway lighting! So handy little tools like this seem well, handy! And to be able to access it straight from the panel (I usually default to using 2d panels) would make it just that bit more realistic than Ctrl Alt Deleting out to open up the spreadsheet in Windows Explorer.But can I figure out how to do it?? Nah!! What's really annoying is that I bet it's so simple and I'm just being a plonker...Any ideas, please, anyone? I toyed with the idea of setting the spreadsheet up as another page in the Kneeboard, but that seemed even more complicated.So any help would be gratefully received. And if you can pretend you're not laughing behind your hand, even better!CheersDave

Not laughing at all.I've been working away at an airport information gauge for essentially the same reason - it's nice to be able to look that stuff up.Invoking Excel is possible with a C/C++ gauge. I will have a look...Doug

Not laughing at all.I've been working away at an airport information gauge for essentially the same reason - it's nice to be able to look that stuff up.Invoking Excel is possible with a C/C++ gauge. I will have a look...Doug
Hi DougThanks for at least making me feel better!You're already ahead of me - I'm not sure I know what a C/C++ gauge is. But if you come up with a solution I'd love to hear how you do it!CheersDave