Sign in to follow this  
Artur Munteanu

DE-ICE When ?

Hi SebastianoP,I think you're talking to the "wrong" crowd. 'm willing to bet from the little I know of PMDG that the function you'reasking about is implimented. Check the list of "features" that comes with the product: I haven't looked: I don't know.Hopefuly, someone from PMDG will have the time to answer this question in a rational way.Like I said before, I would bet my bottom dollar that PMDG simulated this function.
+1It would really be a nice thing to know if NGX performance is affected by icing conditions.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I thought that my name was on... I don't use nick name, I allways use real name in forum and I don't see why do I have to sign twice... (maybe for idiots hwo read the forum...Hypnotized.gif ) but if this can help I make you happy!dance.gifArtur Munteanu
Maybe I misread you because English might not be your primary language (and mine for that matter), but calling people who are here to help you "idiots" is hardly a good way to get started in these forums. I´m not very worried about people´s real names in the internet and I hate forum police who love to jump in and chide people for not signing their names properly, but this is hardly the case: the gentleman who answered your original post is the one responsible for all of this after all... Hope your question was answered though.

So i guess nobody actually knows if icing is modelled then?Chad
There is a way to get this information: re- my days as a med-technologist.We did a lot of research. Of course in the lab we use "controls" and "standards"And accuracy and precision are two paramount factors. If you've ever done research,you'll understand why.Simulate the conditions. Get all of the relevant data and set up your test scenario.You'll have to decide how stringent your testing will be while, keeping in mindthe weaknesses and strengths of the simulator (FSX). You can do this without any help from anyone ifyou KNOW what is required to do an authentic test.Try it.

Maybe I misread you because English might not be your primary language (and mine for that matter), but calling people who are here to help you "idiots" is hardly a good way to get started in these forums. I´m not very worried about people´s real names in the internet and I hate forum police who love to jump in and chide people for not signing their names properly, but this is hardly the case: the gentleman who answered your original post is the one responsible for all of this after all... Hope your question was answered though.
I didn't call "idiot" nobody here (and yes english is not my primary language) but all I want to say was that my nick name was also my name and I didn't see the reason to sign twice... that's all! I myself feel like an idiot to sign post twice dude...
I can't follow You.... What additional addons? I have the LH Maddog and it simulates perfectly Icing troubles if anti-ice is not used during "icing conditions".So, it shouldn't be a real problem for PMDG to introduce icing effects for the NGX, which is the best and most advanced aircraft for FSX and in the FS history...... And I'm not speaking about icing eye candies, it doesn't matter to me at all, I'm only speaking about icing related issues and failures on aircraft's systems.From my signature You can understand I almost fly in northern Europe and now, winter, I'm very careful to ice and rain. It would be awesome if PMDG introduces these things rolleyes.gif
+1! As I told with my Baron Carenado 58 is the same thing! The pitot heat is on but if the de-ice is off, sometimes in really ice clouds and temp. <5 I risk engines to stop and I see how I lose power of the engines so I have to push quickly the de-ice button! It's perfectly simulate! But in 737 ngx don't think so...

Of course anti-icing is modelled in the NGX !!Just turn off those Probe Heat switches for the flight and see what happens.
It's just going to give wrong temperature, speeds and altitudes.I think people asking about wings icing and so on...Doyou have wheight increase due to icing problems? Decrease of N1?

Yes, I too fly in the North, and Winter is almost here. I would like to know if the engines will ice up if flying in ice conditions. [not talking about the pitot heaters] I do turn the engine anti-ice on for landing, and take-off when needed, but still want to know what the answer is.Thank you,Jerry Friz,Anchorage,Ak.

What some want to know is whether airframe and engine icing actually cause anything to happen, such as power loss or failure in the case of the engines, or increased stall speeds in the case of wing/airframe icing. The engine anti-ice system leads to an increased N1 when activated, beware of it during descent, as it can cause you to lose descent profile...I have no idea as to whether icing can cause power loss or increased stall speeds, though...Would be interesting to know, particularly as it is now nearly winter here...Andrew