Sign in to follow this  
///PESSO

PMDG 747 FMC Question (FS9)

Hy, whenever I use the FMC I set the departure and arrival airport along with only 1 waypoint which is the arrival airport ICAO. However, it didn't worked in the PMDG 747 FMC and after reading a bit, I found out that this is how the system was made, it doesn't allow you to add the arrival airport code as a waypoint.My question is, can I find a "hack" or any kind of solution to avoid this thing?Thank you

If you want to create a flight plan with just one waypoint (although i cannot understand why), then you just need to add any waypoint or VOR between your two airports.

Peter Schluter

Enter the departure and destination airports. Then go to the DEP/ARR page of the of the FMC enter runways for each. Go to the LEGGS page and remove empty points in your flight pan, hit EXEC. You are all set.

Enter the departure and destination airports. Then go to the DEP/ARR page of the of the FMC enter runways for each. Go to the LEGGS page and remove empty points in your flight pan, hit EXEC. You are all set.
Thanks, I'll try that...I think I found an easier way in the meantime, I just add a waypoint 10 miles away from the arrival airport and everything will be just fineBut I also want to try out your idea and see how it works.@pschlute, I don't think you understood what I mean. I'm using Direct GPS Route and I want just a straight line between the 2 airports. You can do this with other payware airplanes by simply adding the departure and arrival airport and if necessary, adding the arrival airport again in the waypoints page but it can't be done with the PMDG 747.

The Boeing FMC will not accept a route without any waypoints. With what sheepfu suggested, you may even get an INVALID DELETE message. Not sure though.The other payware aircraft you are using obviously are not of the same high quality as the PMDG 744 if they allow you to do that. Simply put, in real life, you will most likely never fly directly from one field to another.Paul