Sign in to follow this  
beethamwest

2 BSOD's in 30 minutes

Not had these before.The blue screen said something regarding a second processor or something?Anyway i was 30 minutes in to my flight from KSEA to YBCS and the 1st hit. Sceen froze for 5 seconds whilst the sound made that horrible noise, then the BSOD kicked in.Now, i changed my Affinity mask from 14 to 20 after reading some forum, could this be the issue? (i ask this due to the BSOD mentioning a second processor.)I have since changed my Affinitymask back to 14, and restarted the flight from my rough position, and thus far all is ok.Thoughts?

Guest firehawk44
Not had these before.The blue screen said something regarding a second processor or something?Anyway i was 30 minutes in to my flight from KSEA to YBCS and the 1st hit. Sceen froze for 5 seconds whilst the sound made that horrible noise, then the BSOD kicked in.Now, i changed my Affinity mask from 14 to 20 after reading some forum, could this be the issue? (i ask this due to the BSOD mentioning a second processor.)I have since changed my Affinitymask back to 14, and restarted the flight from my rough position, and thus far all is ok.Thoughts?
Download BlueScreenView (Google) and it should provide you with exactly what driver caused the crash.Best regards,Jim

Is it 100% caused by a driver or hardware? Because it has only happened when my Affinity mask was set at 20, since changing back to Affinity mask 14, i was able to complete my 6,000mile flight.

Is it 100% caused by a driver or hardware? Because it has only happened when my Affinity mask was set at 20, since changing back to Affinity mask 14, i was able to complete my 6,000mile flight.
HelloI have an i5 2500K and see need for an affinity mask setting, I have also never had FSX crash on me.Where did you read that a value of 20 would work on a quad core CPU ?If you are convinced that setting affinity has benefits then you need to experiment.Here are the values and with four physical cores and no hyperthreading you are only interested in the first four anywaySo for instance you want FSX on cores 1,2,3 leaving core0 to the OS then 2+4+8=141st(Core0)=12nd(Core1)=23rd(Core2)=44th(Core3)=85th(Core4)=166th(Core5)=327th(Core6)=648th(Core7)=128

20 doesn't even come in to it if you go off the above method.Therefore i believe setting it @ 20 had caused both BSOD'sIts back to 14 now.

I've got also the i5-2500k and my affinity mask at 14. So far rock stable. (null)