Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

Blue Screen, Help!

So yesterday I was using the FS-GS service with Michael and we were overclocking my system, we succesfully did it to 4.7Ghz and at nice temps, when we finished talking and I was surfing the web, around 30 mins later I got a blue screen that said 'Uncorrectable hardware error', i restarted the PC and turned it back on, and then about 10-15 mins later it happened again. Whats going on?! I feel like it is because I have overclocked it too much but not totally sure.Anybody maybe know why this happened?

1. Micheal should sort it out for you.B. An OC should hold for 24 hours under a test load. If not , you need to back it off.Good luckBob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

This is all part of the overclocking process: not all 2600K's will hit 4.5 gig: not all 2600K's will hit 4.8, amnd this applies to AMD or Intel procs. All have different "personalities": you just have to find the sweet spot.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest firehawk44
So yesterday I was using the FS-GS service with Michael and we were overclocking my system, we succesfully did it to 4.7Ghz and at nice temps, when we finished talking and I was surfing the web, around 30 mins later I got a blue screen that said 'Uncorrectable hardware error', i restarted the PC and turned it back on, and then about 10-15 mins later it happened again. Whats going on?! I feel like it is because I have overclocked it too much but not totally sure.Anybody maybe know why this happened?
I would guess (no system info) the memory timings are not properly set in the bios. That's what happened to me when I originally overclocked. You can download Blue Screen Viewer (Google) and it will provide you with exactly what file/program caused your crash. Once you get the name of the offending file, Google it and you'll find out what happened. I was oc'd to 4.8GHz once but I think the system was crashing because of overheating - not sure so brought the overclock down to 4.4GHz and so far no more problems. These new motherboards/BIOS are having the hardest time getting the memory settings down right.Best regards,Jim