Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

Is there after SP1 an IDLE BUG?

I'm not shure. Believe that PMDG is the proper address to get it fixed. The 737NGX is a unique simulation and I have never had any problems with FSUIPC and other addons...

I agree, the problem must be inside ngx. Without changing any fsuipc setting, just doing sp1 upgrade my thrust problem disappeared.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The cause seems to be a conflict between the CH yoke, FSUIPC and SP1. I found out that there are no problems calibrating the rudder or the aileron of the CH yoke with FSUIPC. But assigning the button number 5 to "gear up" it will lead to the discribed trouble. This was the only input which was not pre-assigned as a normal FSX assignment. Have a look to the images.ps. I don't know why the CH button 5 will become the button 4 in the FSUIPC input.

If you want to continue on the way of fsuipc, you can, but, as I told, the issue was not part of SP1 (wich was supposed to fix it), it is no part of ch yoke settings as I had the same problem with Hot Fix 4 and I'm using microsoft sidewinder FF2.I think you must point to another way, but if you want to continue in your way, maybe after SP1 the issue is related to the fsuipc and ch yoke...

Regards

Andrea Daviero

May be you are right, I think so, but I have experienced only this bug after SP1, not before and under the described conditions:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/353764-the-ch-fsuipc-sp1-idle-bug/

Yup, I thought it was just me. I too have this behaviour, not always, but sporadically. Simply cannot get N1 down from 37%. As with the OP I have to use the spoilers all the way to the ground! I have SP1 installed and also FSUIPC with a hotas Warthog.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

In my case, I have to use the "gear up" button of my CH Yoke after takeoff to make the bug happen later during the descent. If I don't use this button, e.g. I use the "G" then the slow down is as it should be...

You can even tell that there is a bug. Because your screens showing that you didn't make any route, so u can't use LNAV, VNAV. And even your thrust mode is on CLB which is tottaly wrecking my brain. Don't tell about bugs if you just load up on the runway and press F4.

You can even tell that there is a bug. Because your screens showing that you didn't make any route, so u can't use LNAV, VNAV. And even your thrust mode is on CLB which is tottaly wrecking my brain. Don't tell about bugs if you just load up on the runway and press F4.
There is no relation between idle thrust and FMC programming. This either in the real or the flight sim. one.There is a ground idle, a fligt idle, an approac idle, all those things are depending on ground/flight signals, and flaps/gear signals. There is no FMC relation.So...

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Sorry, you are not right. If you like, try it by yourself and you will experience the same as me. Try it with the tutorial flight 1, with VNAV and LNAV, and you will see that the N1 will jump from 34.9 to 40% at about FL150 and that you can reach 3000 ft only with the excessive use of the speedbrakes and with gear down. Condition: you use the CH Yoke and there one button assigned to "Gear Up" using FSUIPC and you used this button after takeoff. If you don't use this "Gear Up" button you can descend without any problems!

Sorry, you are not right. If you like, try it by yourself and you will experience the same as me. Try it with the tutorial flight 1, with VNAV and LNAV, and you will see that the N1 will jump from 34.9 to 40% at about FL150 and that you can reach 3000 ft only with the excessive use of the speedbrakes and with gear down. Condition: you use the CH Yoke and there one button assigned to "Gear Up" using FSUIPC and you used this button after takeoff. If you don't use this "Gear Up" button you can descend without any problems!
Tis problem happen only to few users, it was present also in old releases, I had this problem with HF4, so, it is not sure that alexost92 can replicate it.I know that when I had this bug it was totally indipendent on FMC programming as the first time I encountered it I was in L/VNAV, then to troubleshoot it I played with a lot of configurations, included the one without FMC programming (that is not a mandatory item) and the issue was always present.I fixed with SP1, others not or encountered after SP.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Tis problem happen only to few users, it was present also in old releases...I fixed with SP1, others not or encountered after SP.
Yes, ok. I have made the opposite experience, without SP1 I had no problems...

In my case, I have to use the "gear up" button of my CH Yoke after takeoff to make the bug happen later during the descent. If I don't use this button, e.g. I use the "G" then the slow down is as it should be...
This is fixed in SP1b - it affected any hardware device that sends non-standard gear up/down events to FSX. The Saitek Pro Panel thing does it as well. For now just use G to raise and lower the gear.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

This is fixed in SP1b - it affected any hardware device that sends non-standard gear up/down events to FSX. The Saitek Pro Panel thing does it as well. For now just use G to raise and lower the gear.
Thank you!