Sign in to follow this  
tnorton776

Fix for uiautomationcore.dll crash to desktop?

Does anyone know if there is some fix yet for this widespread problem? Its been going on since win 7 release. Fix for uiautomationcore.dll crash to desktop??? Its driving me nuts... I was on a 5 hour flight from OAK to OGG last night and turning from base to final approach i crashed to desktop and just about punched my monitor. ><

I greatly appreciate the help, but at the same time I really dont like risky community or 3rd party fixes. The last time I tried that fix youre linking me too it gave me really weird and rapidly fluctuating FPS readings in FSX. All of these 3rd party fixes usually break something at the cost of fixing something else. Has microsofts incompetence regarding this issue gotten the best of them? No patch yet in 2 years? I call their tech support and the person from india that answers the phone doesnt even understand english, its really quite pathetic. I could hardly understand whta she was saying as well, I think she said, with a heavy indian accent, "What is be FSX mean?? Mac wins customer support hands down.....

No Tom there is no fix from MS. No, there is not going to be anymore patches from MS. They made that very clear when SP2 was released. No, not everyone gets this error and the fix has been documented many times and in many places. No, MS Technical Support is going to have no information about this, even if you talked to an American located in the USA. You are free to move back to you Mac at any time!

I greatly appreciate the help, but at the same time I really dont like risky community or 3rd party fixes. The last time I tried that fix youre linking me too it gave me really weird and rapidly fluctuating FPS readings in FSX. All of these 3rd party fixes usually break something at the cost of fixing something else. Has microsofts incompetence regarding this issue gotten the best of them? No patch yet in 2 years? I call their tech support and the person from india that answers the phone doesnt even understand english, its really quite pathetic. I could hardly understand whta she was saying as well, I think she said, with a heavy indian accent,"What is be FSX mean?? Mac wins customer support hands down.....
Tom,That's not "community or 3rd party fix" - that's the official Microsoft dll but just taken from Windows Vista 32 - it doesn't have the problem with FSX that the Win7 version does. When you put any required dll in the same folder as FSX.exe, the automatic path heirarchy will tell it to use that version instead of the one in the fallback folders (Windows/System or System32 in this case). If you want to go back to the Win7 version, all you do is remove the Vista one from the FSX folder - absolutely nothing else changes.Here's my own personal link to the file that I send out at support:http://dl.dropbox.co...omationCore.zipIf you can't trust me of all people on this, then you're not gonna be able to fix the issue I'm afraid. I've used this exact file for years and I have no issues with FPS or anything like that. This file is involved in view switching and in the menu system, not with the graphics renderer.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hey I just learned something! Didn't know it was involved in changing views

Tom,That's not "community or 3rd party fix" - that's the official Microsoft dll but just taken from Windows Vista 32 - it doesn't have the problem with FSX that the Win7 version does. When you put any required dll in the same folder as FSX.exe, the automatic path heirarchy will tell it to use that version instead of the one in the fallback folders (Windows/System or System32 in this case). If you want to go back to the Win7 version, all you do is remove the Vista one from the FSX folder - absolutely nothing else changes.Here's my own personal link to the file that I send out at support:http://dl.dropbox.co...omationCore.zipIf you can't trust me of all people on this, then you're not gonna be able to fix the issue I'm afraid. I've used this exact file for years and I have no issues with FPS or anything like that. This file is involved in view switching and in the menu system, not with the graphics renderer.
No i appreciate the help, and I will definetly take your word for it. Just a bit skeptical at first cause i've tried fourm fixes before for various things and it usually in general, breaks something when fixing a problem. I do trust PMDG and I will use this fix. thanks a bunch!