Sign in to follow this  
MM7

New rig...

on real temps the cores vary from 66C to 77C..the first core is always the coolest for some reason. I believe the max for any core is 100C?I "think" that CPU sensor on the asus utility approximates the Tcase value which intel says should not exceed 72.6C. The asus utility throws a temp warning alarm when you get to 72C which I easily hit within a minute when i was shooting for 4.9Ghz

I "think" that CPU sensor on the asus utility approximates the Tcase value which intel says should not exceed 72.6C. The asus utility throws a temp warning alarm when you get to 72C which I easily hit within a minute when i was shooting for 4.9Ghz
Remember Tcase (heat at the spreader) is going to be much lower than Tjunction (CORE temp). I wonder why they would set an alarm at 72.6? Anywho, double check those temps with Realtemp if you're feeling bored!Either way, 4.7GHz stable at 1.34V is good. 67C isn't bad, either. Nice chip you have there!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

77ºC is a bit on the warm side. Borderline (max is about 80ºC)You could try disabling Hyperthreading in your BIOS if you don't need it, that should bring your temps down a bit

Sagga, you could OC it to 4.0 Ghz or you will need another MB too if you choose a Sandy Bridge/ Leffe
Another MB that's going to cost a lot! I better stay with the I7 950 for now. I was not lucky because the sandy bridge just came a month or so after I bought my I7...

77ºC is a bit on the warm side. Borderline (max is about 80ºC)You could try disabling Hyperthreading in your BIOS if you don't need it, that should bring your temps down a bit
that second core is the one that hits around 77C for some reason..but it fluctuates a lot...the other are a few deg cooler but they also fluctuate. i'm guessing from the blended prime95 tests. I do a lot of gaming as well..ie. BF3, BlackOps, etc...not sure if HT is important there. Probably not.

Err. That's why there's a "K" on the end of the processor. It's unlocked for the purpose of overclocking. Save your money then and buy a non-K 2600.This isn't an engine, it's a processor.Idea.gif
And an engine is equivalent to an engine for use of an example...
FSX + a bunch of addons never overtake 3-3.5 GB RAM occupancy.I wonder what the remaining 13 GB have been bought for ?
Photoshop, MW3, MW2...Bought the extra RAM cause I also can :) My brother owns his own company so I get all this at cost price...was thinking of putting a server together where I can put 2 CPU in :)

that second core is the one that hits around 77C for some reason..but it fluctuates a lot...the other are a few deg cooler but they also fluctuate. i'm guessing from the blended prime95 tests. I do a lot of gaming as well..ie. BF3, BlackOps, etc...not sure if HT is important there. Probably not.
HT is important for BF3 and a lot of other FPS games./ Leffe

HT is important for BF3 and a lot of other FPS games./ Leffe
could actually be the opposite. Article from Tomshardware specifically benchmarking BF3:We’ve also read about folks complaining about stuttering issues caused by Hyper-Threading; disabling the feature seems to smooth things out for them. At no point did a perceptible stuttering (aside from the jerkiness attributable to a too-slow GPU at a too-high setting) afflict our platform. However, we can confirm that turning off Hyper-Threading on the Core i7-2600K, going from eight logical processors to four physical ones, doesn’t hurt performance in any way, and in fact may slightly increase it. The rest of our tests were run with Hyper-Threading enabled, but feel free to shut it off if it benefits your experience!For fun I'll disable it to see what a difference it makes

Thinking of downgrading the RAM from 16GB to 8GB for purposes of getting a 2TB HDD :)