Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tourman

Adding Callsigns to airlines.cfg

I am trying to edit the airline.cfg file to add more airlines. But when I try to save my changes, I get an "Access Denied" message!Yet I'm logged into my computer as the administrator.What should I do??

I've never done this, but am about to:From a post here on AVSIM ------Download *Edit Voice Pack*ADDING CALL SIGNS WITH EDIT VOICE PACK:OK, here is what you need to do.Assuming you installed EditVoicepack V4.0Select “Community modifications” on the left pane.Click “File” menu in user interface.Select “Update Voicepack”When the wizard appears, click Next.You can then select how fast you want the ATC chatter to be.Next, “Use ICAO phraseology”Next, make sure “update airline call sign list” option is selected.A few more clicks and you are done.What will happen is that Editvoicepack will backup then replace the default FSX“USEnglishBig.gvp” voice pack (that’s where the ATC chatter is coming from).It will also update the list of airlines available.You don’t actually need to use the advanced Editvoicepack editing stuff. No need to create UPS or FED EX airlines. Other people have already added them. You just need to update the voice pack.

I am trying to edit the airline.cfg file to add more airlines. But when I try to save my changes, I get an "Access Denied" message!Yet I'm logged into my computer as the administrator.What should I do??
Save your changes to your Desktop, then drag the file into the proper folder, or set the permissions level for your FSX installation to allow full-access.Also, Search this forum for previous topics on this same subject. Several weeks ago I posted a full list of ALL of the default callsigns that're allowed, along with instructions on how to use them.See: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/349640-can-fsx-say-callsign-ups/page__p__2151256__hl__callsigns__fromsearch__1#entry2151256 post #23...Alternatively, install Editvoicepack as advised above.In both cases though, you'll wind up hand-editing each aircraft.cfg file to enable specific callsigns!When editing the aircraft.cfg file note that you will need to add both an atc_airline=... AND an atc_flight_number=... entry.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now