Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Prepared to try again - ASE and stutters?

Hi there,Before I start my question I would like to say that the problem I am going to describe happened December 2010, and when I talked to the guys at HIFI, they were quick to responce, polite, and when the problem couldn't be fixed, I got a refund. Thank you for the help I recieved.Which makes me want to try again,I am absolutely picky about loss in performance, stutters and general quality of the sim. I installed ASE last year, and without fail got loads of stutters and a significant performance leak with all the "correct" settings.I was wandering, in a year, has any updates/patches been made to address this? What do people generally think about performance and "stutters" when using the software,Kindest regards,Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

ASE can cause stutters only while uploading weather in standard mode. However you get this effect with other products as well.

Tom Link

Hi Alec,If you update both ASE and FSUIPC to the latest versions and use ASE in DWC mode stutters on my system are non existant.

Hi Alec,If you update both ASE and FSUIPC to the latest versions and use ASE in DWC mode stutters on my system are non existant.
What is this DWC?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

First off, DWC is Direct Weather Control...a mode for FSX only. Second, if you're using FSUPIC to control the weather from ASE, then you're using FS9 because FSX uses SimConnect. Read the first couple of posts on here and you'll learn that quick. So, Norman, with all due respect, your statement regarding updates is incorrect.With that said, no matter what mode I have mine in, every time the weather downloads, it causes my FPS to drop to 0.9. Once the download is complete, it works again.I only post this because I have a feeling we may be in the same boat without a life raft in sight...

Hi Eric,My information is correct for FSX.Alex does not mention which system he is using so perhaps I made an incorrect assumption!

Mabye I'm not understanding either then...As I read in the settings, DWC is for FSX only. FSX means it's using SimConnect to interface and not FSUIPC.DWC isn't even an option then with FS9 which is using FSUIPC to communicate with the sim.Is my thinking wrong here?

One thing to understand re stutters while downloading - there can be many causes. For me, I don't have ANY drop at all when ASE is processing. Things to look at - are you on a wireless connection - wireless is significantly slower than a wired connection.Are others in your family using the internet? bandwidth can affect stuttersIs your system to slow or old? We all like the eye candy but if your system is taxed then any internet access will cause stutters.Is ANYTHING else accessing the internet while you are flying? Program updates? Anti virus checkers? Even when supposedly disabled most of the current AV programs leave hooks in the system that will be running in the BG when you fly.Just some things to think about.Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors