Sign in to follow this  
Meese

Required thrust at taxi seems somewhat off

Hi all.In my NGX, I experience that I need to keep the thrust up at just benath 30% N1 in order to maintain taxi speed, even at calm winds and with a moderately loaded aircraft. I also find that there's a very slight margin between maintaining the speed, losing a lot of speed, and gaining way too much. This does not concur with my observations at the jump seat, as there's rarely need for anything but idle thrust once the aircraft is rolling. I also browsed through the FCTM and found this sentence under Chapter 2: "Idle thrust is adequate for taxiing under most conditions. A slightly higher thrust setting is required to begin taxiing.".So now I'm curious: Is this something that happens with everyone, is it a bug for a select few (or only me?), and in any case; are there any plans to improve/fix this?And just to make it clear that I'm not here to whine and nothing else, I want to salute the PMDG team for making such an extrordinary add-on, the issue mentioned above is one of the veeeery few things that I've found to be one or two percent off, and it's quite a minor thing as well. Cheers!

In my opinion the NGX is far more accurate than other models. I think there is a limitation within FSX ground friction modeling that hinders the full taxi thrust performance.

Sincerely I´m quite impressed wih their simulation of thrust requirements for taxiing. I know it´s an FS thing, but I´ve always had to use a setting way above idle to maintain a 10-15 kt taxi speed, in all add-ons (by all I mean legacy PMDG NG, 744, and PSS 777). With the NG I usually spool up to around 25% N1 to begin taxiing and if I leave it at that I´ll end up way above 20kts in no time. So, all in all, a pretty decent simulaiton. Is this somewhat close to what you´re seeing?