Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

The impossible turn in xplane 10 with Carenado f33

Too bad that can't happen in Real LifeTM Shocked.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Too bad that can't happen in Real LifeTM Shocked.gif
I've done it on a Cap checkride-can be done-if the sim is smooth/responsive enough too...but there is little margin for error.

I've done it on a Cap checkride-can be done-if the sim is smooth/responsive enough...
I'm talking about a real life airplane, not just another sim. I could be showing my ignorance, but I don't recall any instance where someone's managed a 180º at 600' AGL, much less managing to land back on the same runway... Money Eyes.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was on a downwind but in an impossible position but did it rw-caused my checkpilot to ask me to be a partner in his Baron.I found the response on xplane to be very realistic. I've had a friend do it in an arrow-but of course you have to be expecting it as I was in this video-600' is marginal-800 better.Add 2-3 seconds of disbelief once the engine quit and it would probably be impossible at 600-but I knew about it since I cut it...:-)The handling on this plane is the closest I have ever experienced in a sim-it amazes me. I had a long term relationship with it rw and it is extremely satisfying to feel it again virtually.

Nice Geofa, but if you added the "OH SH*T" factor, you may not have made it. :(