Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Cool places to visit in xplane

Yep-the major urban areas need some work. However, there are many cool places on earth that xplane just does incredibly! How about a thread with those places, some directions,and some picts so other simmers can go visit the jaw dropping scenery! Make sure you do a rw download before going too-the rw in xplane is stunning. It would be great to get ideas for the rest of the world......1) Yosemite National park-takeoff from Yosemite/Mariposa airport and take a NW heading till you arrive in the valley2) Follow the highway between Eagle, Colorado and Glenwood springs. Takeoff from Eagle, head west along the highway ,and then go for it. You may also see a train going along the challenging road/canyon3) Weed, California. Not only beautiful because on the base of Mt. Shasta, the ground textures are great and it a fun takeoff as the highway is next to the runway-watch yourself catch up and surpass the cars..4) Glacier National Park-takeoff to the west-beautiful textures, then the famous (ahem) shot and the mountains are great!

Brilliant pics Geof!Search the .org scenery for KMPI, our first ever scenery, it'll make that trip even more fun, ESP if u follow the signs.

Hello Geof!Why not try this particular location? Can you guess where it is? I would like to see what it looks like in XPX.Where am I?Answer tomorrow if you cannot find this area Whistle.gif**edit**XP9.7 above by the way

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Banff?
Right country Whistle.gif

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

How about a lukla which appears to be even harder in xplane :)Or scud running from Stehekin State down Lake Chelan with rw which continues to amaze me. (One of the hundred places you are supposed to visit before you die-I did so I am down to 99..).

Lake Louise?
It is CYBD Bella Coola.Enjoy the flight. Maybe take off from nearby Bella Bella Denny Island as its only 20 or so miles. Mind you I would probably have the chart open as the terrain is a bit extreme. The approach is great in nice weather, tough if its getting snotty, and impossible if you cannot see your way to ground level.Great opportunity to practice canyon turns if you blow the approach-otherwise you are climbing out for miles to get turned around.Have fun...look forward to seeing the XPX version. Let me know how you like it.**Yours might look slightly different as I have scenery installed there.

AVSIM Staff Reviewer
Bush Is Good!
banTedG01.jpg

Try the European Alps or the Pyrenees :-) Airports like

• Megeve in France (not far to the SW of the Mont Blanc)
  • Raron in Switzerland (a bit N of the Matterhorn or W of the famous Aletsch glacier),
  • Bolzano in Italy, just W of the Dolomites
  • Dobbiaco in Italy, just N of the Dolomites
  • Trento in Italy (south of Bolzano), a bit east of the famous Lago di Garda which has some spectacular cliffs in the north (rock climbers know what I mean wink.png )
  • The good old Innsbruck in Austria (can fly to Germanys highest mountain, Zugspitze in the NW)
  • Zell am See in Austria
  • Bagneres de Luchon in France (in the heart of the Pyrenees)

Safe to say, only the cities need improvement. These country areas look phenomenal.

Guest bstolle

Lukla is a real showstopper in xp10. I would have hoped that at least famous airports would have been depicted in a realistic way. The runway in Geofas screenshot is not even useable :(Any chance to post a screenshot of Courchevel (LFLJ) ?

Lukla is a real showstopper in xp10. I would have hoped that at least famous airports would have been depicted in a realistic way. The runway in Geofas screenshot is not even useable sad.pngAny chance to post a screenshot of Courchevel (LFLJ) ?
Here it is: