Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

Suprunov design Yak40

Hi guys.I'm thinking to buy Suprunov Design Yak40, but as I read about OOM errors, I'm bit suspicious.Does anybody could give me advice.Somebody who own this a/cThanks

I've got a grungy old computer by modern day standards. Core 2 dual, 2 gigs of ram and some old NVIDIA 256 (or whatever) graphics card, all on Win XP. I use a lot of Aerosoft, UK2000 types sceneries. I've never had an OOM. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you get 2 versions for your money, the regular and light. I just use the regular one. If you're still not sure, contact Igor directly and have a chat with him. He's a nice guy and may be able to give you better technical advice than I can. As you can clearly see, I know very little about computers ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Yes - there are two versions. The Lite version has less overhead (panel graphics I think) which I prefer on my system. I have not flown it for a while, but it is a nice plane with complex panel.

Graeme Butler

An observation ... I get OOM errors when I attempt to load the Yak 40 AFTER firstly loading the 'default' Cessna (usually this is recommended practice.) All is well however, if I load the Yak 40 directly.Perhaps this is somehow related to the fact I am running a 1 meg graphics card under XP 32.Wondeful aircraft but it will test your patience.

If you get OOM error, try the Lite version - that was supposed to fix that particular issue. It is due to heavy graphics (for lighting) in the panel gauges of the standard version.

Graeme Butler

An observation ... I get OOM errors when I attempt to load the Yak 40 AFTER firstly loading the 'default' Cessna (usually this is recommended practice.) All is well however, if I load the Yak 40 directly.Perhaps this is somehow related to the fact I am running a 1 meg graphics card under XP 32.Wondeful aircraft but it will test your patience.
I find it tests my sim flying skills rather than my patience. I've never had an issue like the one you mentioned. But please understand that I don't in any way dispute that you do.I may be wrong, but wasn't there a thread somewhere explaining why such a graphics card in XP 32 was a bad thing to do?

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

No problems with the Yak 40 under w7 64. The standard version just takes a bit longer to load. I have problems with the lite version when switching on the panel lights in the VC. For any reason the night lighting is not redrawn on the gauges and therefore the gauges become unusable when the panel lights are on. No idea why this happens. I tried to reinstall the aircraft with the same result.Ron