Sign in to follow this  

Hi AllI've not used FSX for quite a long while, but decided to reinstall, but first I updated an old desktop just for FSX. This is the hardware I have nowIntel core i5-2300 @ 2.8ghz8gb DDR3 RamGTX 550ti 1GB CardIs this going to be any good at running FSX at a decent quality ?CheersWhitetimer

That will be able to run on pretty reasonable settings for some GA stuff around some nice addon airports but at the big major airports with a fair bit of traffic you may see a fair bit of a drop.

Hi AllI've not used FSX for quite a long while, but decided to reinstall, but first I updated an old desktop just for FSX. This is the hardware I have nowIntel core i5-2300 @ 2.8ghz8gb DDR3 RamGTX 550ti 1GB CardIs this going to be any good at running FSX at a decent quality ?CheersWhitetimer
What addons will you be using? It should be able to run FSX pretty well.Keep the scenery, autogen, traffic and detail radius down. Use Bojote's tweaker and you'll do pretty well.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi Whitetimer,I suggest a 560 card instead of the 550 if you can swing it. Sometimes the lesser one simply may not have enough grunt to render smoothly, especially if you overclock the system. Otherwise, those are good choices provided the rest of the components match up.Kind regards,

Thanks for all the advice, unfortunately I am stuck with the listed hardware for now, and have ordered a second HDD to install FSX too ....Cheers