Sign in to follow this  
doruks

sky texture problem with AS2012 (a small one)

I think I'm going to re-install FSX too, but I really don't want to. I hope we can solve this, so I don't have to.It takes too long to install all the addons and do all the tweaks etc. I hate re-installing FSX. :(

looking at your screenshot, i can say definitely we have the same problem.i finally got rid of shader 3.0 too after some headaches while uninstalling it. let's see if it will help. if it doesn't we have a serious problem then...

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

I think I'm going to re-install FSX too, but I really don't want to. I hope we can solve this, so I don't have to.It takes too long to install all the addons and do all the tweaks etc. I hate re-installing FSX. :(
Hello,Don't rush to reinstall FSX. Damian and Chris are working on it. I think they are going to find a less painfull solution.Best regards,Suavi

After installing the beta fix today, i made a flight and did'nt see those annoying grey rectangles. Too early to say it's absolutely gone though, since this problem did not occur in every flight. I will make a couple of flights more tomorrow and report it here. Anyway, i am very happy i didn't see it after the fix. Thank you very much AS team, you are great.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

Hello,The beta fix didn't work for me. I always test the textures at the same place and same time i noticed them. They are still there. I decided to use fsx default cirrus textures instead of as2012 cirrus textures until hifi team develop the final fix. I restored the default textures, then uncheck the box in graphics/install options/ cirrus and installed the wx influenced textures. Everything seems quite impressive and no surprising grey foils around.Best regards,Suavi

Hello,The beta fix didn't work for me. I always test the textures at the same place and same time i noticed them. They are still there. I decided to use fsx default cirrus textures instead of as2012 cirrus textures until hifi team develop the final fix. I restored the default textures, then uncheck the box in graphics/install options/ cirrus and installed the wx influenced textures. Everything seems quite impressive and no surprising grey foils around.Best regards,Suavi
Hi Suavi,Since your first time of As2012 install, did you tried to uninstall as2012 and reinstall before? you might do this if never done this and reinstall the latest patch.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi Chris,I didn't reinstall. I am going to reinstall and let you know the result.Suavi

Hello,I reinstalled AS2012 and beta fix, also overwrite Cirrus folder with the files Chris sent me in response to my support ticket, unfortunately nothing changed. Revert to my work around and continue to wait.Best regards,Suavi

I saw the rectangles again today, i'm afraid :(

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

Still the same deal for me with the interim update too. I see those rectangles in some of my flights (about 1/3 I think). I still use REX cirrus textures instead of AS2010 ones as a workaround.By the way; all three people who seem to be carrying on this topic are all Turkish. That is of course very irrelevant, but just had to point that out since I find it quite interesting. :)RegardsDoruk

Still the same deal for me with the interim update too. I see those rectangles in some of my flights (about 1/3 I think). I still use REX cirrus textures instead of AS2010 ones as a workaround.By the way; all three people who seem to be carrying on this topic are all Turkish. That is of course very irrelevant, but just had to point that out since I find it quite interesting. :)RegardsDoruk
Good point. I have noticed too. Most probably all of us use Turkish locale settings. I remember that I had to switch to En-US to be able to create a new voice pack in the past. So, locale settings may cause some unpredictable results, however, with my very limited knowledge about fsx internals, it is hard to imagine a relation between locale setting and texture graphics creation. It might be a good idea to update my open support ticket with this detail. Perhaps Chris and Damian could find one.Regards,Suavi

Yes that's very interesting :))At least we have a workaround as you say. I am using REX cirrus clouds too, and I unchecked the cirrus clouds box in install options so that I can install weather influenced graphics without any problem.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

IT IS SOLVED. Almost simultaneously with our discussion about Turkish settings, Chris and Damian found the reason by questioning the same detail and fixed it. Thanks to the development team for the fix and Doruk for speaking out our common point.Best regards and İyi uçuşlar,Suavi Akar

Great news! So the problem was related with local settings i understand, is it?We can expect it to be fixed in the next update i guess. Thanks to the development team and to you turkish guys working it out :)

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com