Sign in to follow this  
doruks

sky texture problem with AS2012 (a small one)

Hello,First of all, thank you for this wonderful product. I have made a few short hops to test it out and everything looks really smooth. I noted just one minor issue though. I sometimes see "strange" textures on the sky which weren't there with ASE+REX combo. Not that I am very uncomfortable with it, but still it would be better without those. :)I'm attaching a screenshot. I wonder if anyone has an opinion/workaround for this.Thank you,Doruk

HI, This is strange, maybe a bad installation of the cirrus sets, which show blackgray. just reinstall cirrus again and see if this happend again, it might be memory issue too.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi,To clarify a little, we haven't seen this before, but perhaps something if you are using multiple graphics solutions, related to cirrus textures. It certainly is not normal... A reinstall of cirrus textures would be a good check. If you continue getting this please let us know.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Do you use any Shader Mod 3 from Bojote?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you use any Shader Mod 3 from Bojote?
I do. And after I started this thread I also thought it was the first suspect too. Did two more short hops without uninstalling it and didn't see that anomaly again though.Anyway, i'll do more test flights with and without shader mod 3.0 and let you know the results.

Anyway, i'll do more test flights with and without shader mod 3.0 and let you know the results.
I tried Shader 3 long ago, too and uninstalled it immediatelly as I got also such anomalies.Mainly during sunrise or sunset.Be careful with uninstalling, better said, hopefully you have backed up your shader folders.I have had a lot of trouble as far as I can remember, ended it a FSX repair.But maybe I ahve made things wrong with Shader 3 uninstalling.Good luck!EDIT:I have had this anomalies back then with ASE and REX textures.So I think we couldn't blame any textures or wether programs here for that.I wonder why not more people complain about that!I can live without that very good!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I do. And after I started this thread I also thought it was the first suspect too. Did two more short hops without uninstalling it and didn't see that anomaly again though.Anyway, i'll do more test flights with and without shader mod 3.0 and let you know the results.
Oh It might be this, I do remember some things broke with shader3 on specific things also for visibility near horizonmountain, maybe the cirrus the problem with shader3.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

As I have written in "black sky" topic, have the same issue. I think i sorted out Shader3. Because, i uninstalled it experienced again with 2k textures. Also checked my system performance during the incident, there were no memory shortage. My graphics card (gtx460) was using 420MB of memory, ie 42%.I am going to contact support department with the details. Regards,Suavi Akar

As I have written in "black sky" topic, have the same issue. I think i sorted out Shader3. Because, i uninstalled it experienced again with 2k textures. Also checked my system performance during the incident, there were no memory shortage. My graphics card (gtx460) was using 420MB of memory, ie 42%.I am going to contact support department with the details.Regards,Suavi Akar
Same here. Got rid of shader3, but I still have the problem. I think I might have found a workaround though. It looks to me that, this problem occurs with cumulus cloud textures only. I use REX cumulus textures now, and AS2012 for everything else. No problems so far.Edit: No memory issues here as well.

The black sheet horizontal is one cirrus not cumulus, if it was cumulus you will see tons of box sprite in black in vertical direction.Be sure you uninstalled correclty and get back fsx original shade. Doruks, please send me you email in private message, I would like to send you something and to test, I know maybe the problem for few x system setup.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

The black sheet is one cirrus not cumulus, if it was cumulus you will see tons of box sprite in black.Doruks, please send me you email in private message, I would like to send you something and to test, I know maybe the problem.
Oh, I meant cirrus, sorry. OK, sending my email. Can't try it now though, since I'm at work. I'll let you know the result in a few hours.Thank you. :)Doruk

Oh, I meant cirrus, sorry. OK, sending my email. Can't try it now though, since I'm at work. I'll let you know the result in a few hours.Thank you. :)Doruk
My problem is fixed, at least I didn't see it happen in three short flights. Thanks a lot for your support Chris.

My problem is fixed, at least I didn't see it happen in three short flights.Thanks a lot for your support Chris.
Hi, Thanks for testing and reports, we will add these for the hotfix :)

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

i am also experiencing this problem. a horizontal black sheet is present in some of my flights, sometimes there are multiple sheets.it gets darker as i approach to it during climbs and descends. here is my original post with screenshots:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/356767-black-skies-with-as2012/Chris, i am sending you my mail address, could u please send me the solution you gave to doruk? Perhaps it might also work for me.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

The Shader3mod I got rid of and seem to have 0 graphics issues now. I did a fresh install of FSX and installed my addons leaving the Shader3mod out. With ASE I was getting the very same graphic issues you describe and now I don't have any problems.