Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

Hugs?

HiDon't know if this is possible,i've been going through the FMC on the 600ngx looking to see if i can enable the HUGS on the 1st officers side.It has the fitting ,but can't find a switch to enable it.not sure in real life whether a first officer is allowed to have one.which means there wouldn't be one there anyway.I can enable it on the captains side. any help appreciated steve-0

REX SKYFORCE 3D

steve howlett

I'm no expert but I don't think there is one on the FOs side. I don't know why though, seems kinda stupid that they wouldn't put one on the FOs side too.

a HUGS on the FO's side was never an option on the 737 (not sure about the BBJ's though.)Both HUGS are standard equipment on Boeing's newer planes though (787 and onwards, NOT in the 748).

Name available upon request

AVSIMSig.jpg

thanks:-)I can stop looking for a switch to enable it now.I like doing my virtual flying from the right seat,shame theres not one there,i would love to use it.suppose i could jump into left seat now and again to try it out.if both pilots fly the aircraft in real life it seems strange that the FO doesn't have on though.thanks again steve-0

REX SKYFORCE 3D

steve howlett

You can fiddle it on the 737-NGX if you are happy to play around with the panel configuration file. I replaced one of the 2D panels with the entry below. It brings up a transparent square window and the HUD is superimposed on it. However the gauge only updates if the original panel is activated, which is no problem for me as it's far over to the left and doesn't interfere. Lines beginning with "//" are comments.(If you have a triple monitor setup, and you want to move your eyepoint to the right to be more central and avoid obscuring some of the MCP with the monitor bevels, and then activate the HUD panel (which will swing down far to your left), the knobs for the radio/baro minimums are disabled. The reason for this seems to be that they would be obscured by the HUD panel were you sitting in the default position! If the HUD panel is stored away, the knobs work again. Weird, but I can live with that!//// MYHUD////This panel inserted because I wanted to move my eyepoint to the right to be more central on triple monitors, and not have part of the MCP obscured by monitor//bevels//The PMDG HUD drop down panel is not moveable, but the hud gauge will move with the eyepoint!////Aspect Ratio (i.e.y/x) of gauge = 0.75////Aspect ratio of panel window = 0.75////The hud gauge is made active by calling the PMDG HUD drop down panel and leaving it in place////[Window08] //(SHIFT+9)Background_color=80,80,80size_mm=1024,768window_size=0.2,0.71position=1visible=1ident=22222alpha_blend=0.6gauge00=hud!hud, 25, 100, 1000, 750Hope this helps!

ndAnh6K.jpg

Dave Nash

P3Dv4.2 on Win 10 64 bit

3 Monitor setup - 3 x UHD 3840x2160 driven by MSI GTX 1080Ti. MSI X99 SLI Plus Mobo, with Core i7-5930 @ 4.2GHz, 16GB Mem, Corsair M500 SSDs for Sim and Scenery