Sign in to follow this  
Robert McDonald

Wierd Keypress Behavior HOTAS Warthog Red Throttle Button

Hello there!Wierd behavior occuring off two buttons on the Throttle Quadrant of my Hotas Warthog. The 'RED' button on the throttle handle will release (but not set) the parking brake (?). I want it to reset the altimeter when I'm using REX real time weather. I went into FSUIPC and programmed the button to send the keystroke which I set up in FSX for altimeter reset (( ; )) it works ok and does reset the altimeter if REX Weather is operating. It ALSO kicks the parking brake OFF (if it's set) but doesn't cause it to come back on if I press the button again.From this I deduce:The button may be sending a braking command, which also turns off the parking brake.Darned if I can find out why this is happening. I use LINDA as well, I have NOTHING set in LINDA for the Red button. I use linda to fly my PMDG 737NGX.Spent a LOT of time on this with no joy.I did have TARGET software on the system, removed it (should I be worried there may be detritus from Target causing a problem?) Also temporarily tried out the G13 keypad but was not able to get it to work with FSX at all, so never programmed any buttons for it. I very well MIGHT have programmed the red button on the throttle handle to activate the parking brake in FSX - any help on this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I also have a Warthog and too have had similar problems where a button press on the stick or throttle does not do as expected. I still use Target but my solution may be relevant to you.Fire up whatever software is driving the stick. (For me Target).Start FSXGet to the options for control.Now select Buttons/Keys - the middle tab..From memory there are 3 columns. The last 2 columns relate to Joystick.and Repeat.Go down every entry and delete any button assignments to the joystick.It seems that Microsoft in their wisdom automatically assign some button commands to joystick buttons even though you and me want to control it.See if that cures the problem.

Regards

Trevor

Thanks, found that, it helped. Sadly, still have the problem with 2 buttons and the Parking Brake wierdness. Using FUIPC and LINDA's keylogging, I find thatThe RED button on the HOTAS Throttle is issuing a BARO (altimeter reset) --and-- BRAKE command The 65588 command is UNWANTED the 65584 is OK (Barometer reset)The L/G button on the HOTAS Throttle is issuing parking brake command 3 times which effectively means it doesn't work.If I set the button as unassigned in LINDA, it works as expected. Yet there is no button assignment in FSUIPC.ini??? How can this be? I can only guess TARGET has screwed things up, even though I removed TARGET...Anyone???Thanks.

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel