Sign in to follow this  
asd154

JS41 Ramp Manager

What and how do you do a ventilation run? Trust me, I will master this aircraft, I love this plane.I printed out the AOM for easier reference. I am running dual monitors but I prefer to have a way to read it over and over.The props won't unfeather using the switch. I have to push ctrl-e and then the left one tries to auto start.If I understand correctly, the condition levers must be in the taxi position to use the unfeather switch, right?Albert Dyess

What and how do you do a ventilation run? Trust me, I will master this aircraft, I love this plane.I printed out the AOM for easier reference. I am running dual monitors but I prefer to have a way to read it over and over.The props won't unfeather using the switch. I have to push ctrl-e and then the left one tries to auto start.If I understand correctly, the condition levers must be in the taxi position to use the unfeather switch, right?Albert Dyess
Have you tried to follow the pinned section on how to start the engines in this section tells you how to start the aircraft. To unfeather the props the way i do it is to bring both prop levers fully back click the unfeather button to the left and right than i press the f1 key which will bring the prop levers to the start postion. than if you got everything configured right than u need to press that start button on the left once started than u can press the start button for the right hand button. Usally the ctrl_e combination is usually for auto start engines for fsx aircraft but it doesnt work for pmdg aircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I will try that and see if it works, but I still can't get the passenger door and stanchion to work.

Peter, when you say prop levers do you mean throttles or the prop rpm levers?

Peter, when you say prop levers do you mean throttles or the prop rpm levers?
srry meant the throttle levers can u bring up the ramp manager up at all and what happens when u click on the passenger door does it go from red to green, does it go red to green and back to red again. Had this happen to me just before but than i turned power on and it worked and decided to see if i needed power so tried again and it worked so muxt have been a gliches some where. have you checked out some of the youtube video on the js4100 there are a couple of good ones out there. but if you follow the tutorial and the pinned thread on this thread you shouldnt have much trouble if you still do than there must be some bug and u need to send a support ticket. Or you can try doing a uninstall/ reinstall of the ircraft

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I cannot get it to turn green no matter what switch I throw or what combo of swithches I use. The RAMP manager does come up and everything else turns green.

Good luck one word answer boy. Your help expired. 6 Posts, all like that. One - three words. Forum rules are sign each of your posts with your full name, not just the 1st btw. That alone should give you a minimum of 3 words per post :)
Dan, I think the messages between yourself and Albert point out the downside of electronic communications; wording and diction between users are sometimes misinterpreted and conversations can sour. I didn't read any abruptness in Albert's responses to your attempt to help out.Pete

I was not being abrupt on purpose if it was taken that way. I am sorry Dan. Your questions did not call for a long explanation. Lets try this again please. My cabin door and stanchion will not turn green and let my passengers de-board no matter what config I put the aircraft into.Any body who can help with this is top on my Christmas list. This happens after I fly a flight and try to open the cabin door and stanchion.Peter,I re-installed and only used the Delta liveries. Everything works fine in pre-flight and departure. After arrival I can't unfeather the props or open the cabin door no matter what I try.

G'day Albert.FSX "plays up" with complex addon a/c like PMDG's J41 when you start it (FSX) with anything but the default a/c, which should be the ultralight - just like the first time your loaded up FSX.Question: Have you tried to begin a flight with the J41, by loading FSX with the tutorial flight? That works every time for me.In Win7 you find that file here >> [drive_letter] :Users [your_name] DocumentsFlight Simulator X FilesPMDG BAe JS4100 Tutorial 1 at KHPN.FSSAVEDouble clicking on that file will start FSX with the tutorial flight ready to run.It's a good idea to follow the tutorial through end-to-end a couple of times also, as this really helps "get it right".I had trouble with the J41 when trying to load it via the "free flight" menu, because I had saved a previous flight as "default" while using the Cessna 172SP. The J41 was messed up each time.Hope this helps mate.

Guys, I assure you that I haven't posted for only the reason that I'm at a loss and just don't have anything to addtry. It doesn't make any sense to me what's happening and I know the bird pretty well. I can't understand it other than some sort of corruption somewhere or a user rights issue. Possibly something hindering the controls as if there were some other axis keeping them from being set correctly, but that pretty far out there. I still pop in though every day in hopes to see someone hit the nail on the head or something new to go by.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

The tutorial flight went well. However when I try to use the aircraft from the start the cabin door will not open.

Dan the passenger doors and the stanchion are the only things on the ramp manager that won't work. They worked for awhile after re-install but adding liveries is what stops them from working.

That's what doesn't make sense. There isn't anything that installing a livery could possibly do to interfere that I know of. Something is either getting corrupt or something is just screwy from the start. Be sure your default flight is something like the default one that FSX has. Anything PMDG saved as your default will give random craziness like this and corruption. One should never save a flight with any payware aircraft and have the box checked "Save as default". That's all I've got and nothing else makes sense to me why that would be happening unless there's something really messed up with the aircraft.cfg entry of the livery you're trying to use. Maybe the author wrote something that is wrong somewhere, but off the top of my head can't say I ever heard of such a thing.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I'm going to remove the liveries and see what happens. I have not saved any flights as default. The default flight is as it is out of the box. I'm like you, if everything else works on the ramp manager, so should the door. Thanks Dan.