Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Annoying speed problem with the IRIS C-27J

Hi guys,while IRIS having their $10 sale I got their C-27J. Nice rendition and I enjoy it very much but I´ve got an very weird speed problem with it:The plane is certified till 30.000ft and I flew with full fuel and some cargo, in fact I had an TOW of 62.000lb, which is way below the MTOW of 71.000lb. I tried to fly at FL200 but at about 18.000ft I had the feeling that I just hit a wall. All of a sudden my speed (arround 190 KIAS) started rappidly dropping (5-10 KTS every second) and just second after I found myselfe in a stall. I could recover and made the rest of the flight at 15.000ft without any further problems. I have to say that I immediately checked the weather and it was good, no special values.I thought I was a bit too heavy and didn´t think about again. But now it has happened again!I´m just flying from Jervis Bay Military (YRBY) to port Mcquarie (YPMQ) with the C-27J. Fuel is arround 18.000lb and no cargo onboard. My filed FL was 200 at first but after reaching that without any problem and good speed I decided to climb to FL260 wich is the normal cruise level for that plane. It went perfectly well and my speed stayed at the presetted 190 KIAS. But suddelnly while at FL255 a jerk went thropugh the plane and it immediately started loosing airspeed at an again very fast rate. The AP gave full throttle but I kept loosing speed. We reached 26.000ft with only 120 out of 190 KIAS and even on level flight we lost speed. I was able to pervent a stall as I deployed the flaps on 2 and we flew with only 98 KIAS and full throttle on FL260. Finally I descended to FL200 and it seemd to be fine again. Also this time the weather, which is provided by FSrealWX Lite, was all right, I couldn´t see any problem.Does someone experienced the same or has a clue why this happened?Sorry guys for writing that much, I hope you all understood what had happened. :( Just an update to the last issue: I wasn´t able to gain speed at FL200 and had to descend further down to get me flying again. Suddenly at arround 17.000ft the power was back again and I´m now cruising at 15.000ft with 280 KIAS.

I had this happen to me in the piston Duke and the solution was to open the fuel vents when going above 18,000. I had a similar effect happen with the Cessna 340, but the solution there was to turn on "carb heat" by pressing "H" this can affect planes that don't have carburators. It's a bug in FS.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Same here, happens with the ORBX Lancair. Usually hitting "h" solves the issue. Was told it's an FSX limitation with plans that do not have carb heat.

That's pretty strange. I had all anti ice systems on. Might this have something to do with it?! But if you say, just hit the "H" button and everything is all right again, I'll test it. (null)

Steffen,I also purchased the IRIS 27J (online xmas sale), so I would be interested in your outcome -Ray

Steffen,I have been thinking about this one too.However, I can't find any decent pictures of the cockpit. Is that any good?Happy XmasLuc BrusselmansBelgium

I also purchased the IRIS 27J (online xmas sale), so I would be interested in your outcome -
Well, Ray, I like it. The exterior is good (as you expect it from IRIS) and the sounds are also top notch. The VC is also somehow good, the biggest donwpoint there is the fact, that these MFD´s look a bit unprofessional, somehow made without love. The MFD´s look a bit thick and below David´s ablilities. But the rest of the VC and also the overhead is nicely made and the HGS is just great. I never fly that plane without.About the FDE I can´t say that much, cause I never flew one in RW but its elevators tend to be a bit overeffective, but that´s just till you found the right setting for your stick.
However, I can't find any decent pictures of the cockpit. Is that any good?
I´ll upload an pic ASAP. Than you can judge for youreslfe. But I would get it, for 10 bucks you can´t make something wrong. It´s only 7-8€, so no big loss if you don´t like it that much.Btw. check out this pictures http://forum.avsim.net/topic/357058-ain%c2%b4t-she-cute