Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

metalmike

Around the World video series (first two legs/videos up)

youtube.com/mikezuluhotelHey folks. I've decided to set off on an FSX tour around the world. I'll be using mostly GA aircraft flying shorter legs, no longer than 500 miles typically. My first two videos, Darrington to Newport, and Newport to Redding, have been posted. Please subscribe if you're interested in following, and please feel free leave comments or suggestions. I want to do what I can to make the videos enjoyable. When I have time later I'll try to put more work into these, providing background info about the destination, route used, etc.Thanks!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE_O9N1sv4E&context=C30494a1ADOEgsToPDskL-pWoon6yoZ2BKn9GLiCRHhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziW8VU46an0&context=C33f8d7aADOEgsToPDskIC7IEIPRZgxZldpsUk2VSy

Great video and sound Mike. I have wanted the Carenado Skymaster for a while and think these videos just helped me decide (now if I could just get the money ;)One thing though. The video quality being as great as it is, it's sad to see it windowed like it is at 1080p. I'd strongly recommend holding Alt to at least get rid of the menu bar and I can help with your other issue as well (losing the screen real-estate. I have some topics on my forum that may help and some die hard videographers that can also help since I might no be familiar with what you use. I use Adobe Premiere and After Effects but most of them use Vegas.Look forward to following your trip!

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 2080ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Thanks man. I'm actually using Windows Movie Maker (I know...I'm extremely new to this whole video thing). And yeah, I cannot figure out how to get rid of that black border. I'd like to get a better program most of them seem to cost a lot of money.

Yeah, they sure are expen$ive. I don't know Windows Movie Maker at all unfortunately and have so many things right now, fear that introducing it might cause codec issues with others that I do use.I'll still ask these questions and maybe still be able to help, after all, most editing programs still work somewhat the same and need certain things.1.) What is the video being recorded as for resolution? If you're running Fraps for your recording, then it's recording your FSX resolution. What is that resolution in that case that you're running FSX?2.) Right click the movie file and click "Properties", then click the "Details" tab. What does it say for the following:

• Frame Width
  • Frame Height
  • Frame rate *Not too important by can be with some editors since it may interpret the Fraps codec strangely.

Normally a black space around it in the programs I use, is because one of these:

• The video is lower than what you're saving it as (Don't try to save a 1280x720 video as 1920x1080p in other words).
  • Crop video is selected but crop isn't being set. This can also throw it off with some even if your video is 1920x1080 but crop is selected (Premiere can do this).

If you're recording at 1920x1200 and want 1080p you shouldn't bother trying to scale it, or crop it. If you want 1080p then you need to record FSX with Fraps (or whatever) at 1920x1080. Yes, there are ways to make smaller videos 1080 but I think they look horrible, especially with some editors and the way they have problems with the Fraps codec. Record at 1920x1080 and render your video at the video's resolution of 1920x1080. Not sure how this is with WMM, but for example in After Effects, if I drag a 1920x1080 video to the timeline, the program automatically knows to do it at this resolution and frame rate. Changing that can do bad things like the black boxes.If you have a smaller video and trying to make it 1080, then you will have to scale it up to that size, but again, wouldn't recommend it. The quality be trash.Hope this helps Mike.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 2080ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now