Sign in to follow this  
FSC190

Solution for using both, LINDA and VRISim

Hi folks,some of us are quite unhappy, cause LINDA doesn't support LevelD 767 and Ifly 737NGX in the same way like PMDG 737NGX.But VRISim does, the only reason for me to use it.Problem, both programs could not be used at the same time.For me I found a solution using two copies of the modules-folder, one renamed to make him "standby"I'll explain it step by step, to be clear.

• Install VRISim from VRInsight.
  • make a copy of your existing Modules-Folder with all the Linda-stuff in it and rename it to Modules.VRI
  • open the new modules.vri-folder
  • delete all the linda-stuff in it, don't forget the Linda.lua to avoid FSX from Crash.
  • open FSUIPC4.ini and delete all entries related to LINDA like[VRInsight]1=com3
  • Edit the lines[Programs]Runif1=your fsx-folderModuleslinda.exeand enter your path to VRSim.exe
  • save

To use FSX with VRSim rename Modules to Modules.LINDA and Modules.VRI to Modules.To switch back to LINDA rename Modules to Modules.VRI and Modules.LINDA to Modules.I wrote a little Batch-File to do this work for me, to see the used "mode" I use a shortcut on the desktop witch will automatically renamed by the Batch.Here is the Code of the batch, but you have remember to edit all paths.The LINDA_Switch.bat is placed in the main FSX-Folder.

@ECHOif exist Modules.VRI goto VRIMove R:FSXModules R:FSXModules.VRIMove R:FSXModules.LINDA R:FSXModulesren "G:Dokumente und EinstellungenRoland PDesktopFSX_VRI.lnk" FSX_LINDA.lnk [color=#FF0000]//this is where your desktop is stored[/color]goto ende:VRIMove R:FSXModules R:FSXModules.LINDAMove R:FSXModules.VRI R:FSXModulesren "G:Dokumente und EinstellungenRoland PDesktopFSX_LINDA.lnk" FSX_VRI.lnk [color=#ff0000]//this is where your desktop is stored[/color]:ende

I hope you find it useful

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Sorry FSC190,But it is not clear for me (I am not anglophone). Did you said that with this operation you can used the both in the same time - The both opened in the same time to use the HID programaation for the joystick and the VRSim for the MCP ?Thanks

I use LINDA and VRISim together all the time as I have multiple devices from VRi, it's really simple, if you do not want LINDA to control the MCP make sure you remove the tick from the ENABLE check box in the MCP settings menu in LINDA. If you want LINDA to control the MCP and you have another VRi device you want to be controlled by VRiSim make sure the tick box is selected in LINDA to enable MCP support and the USE THIS DEVICE check box is UNchecked in VRiSim for the MCP.Another thing to remember is, if you start VRiSim after you start Linda then VRiSim will not be able to find the MCP if you have forgotten to disable support for the MCP within LINDA.One thing you cannot do is have VRiSim and LINDA control the MCP at the same time, simply because of the reason stated in the previous paragraph.

Cheers, Andy.

Thank you very much Andydigital, that the things I was searching for. I really appreciate your vluable input.I will received my mcp combo II today or tomorrow. I feel like a little boy LOL.gif .Michel

Hi Andy,that is pretty easy, I didn't realized that checkbox.But :-) If you want LINDA or VRSim start automatically with FSX, my solution is better :-)), but only in this case

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

Hi folks,some of us are quite unhappy, cause LINDA doesn't support LevelD 767 and Ifly 737NGX in the same way like PMDG 737NGX.But VRISim does, the only reason for me to use it.Problem, both programs could not be used at the same time.For me I found a solution using two copies of the modules-folder, one renamed to make him "standby"I'll explain it step by step, to be clear.
  • Install VRISim from VRInsight.
  • make a copy of your existing Modules-Folder with all the Linda-stuff in it and rename it to Modules.VRI
  • open the new modules.vri-folder
  • delete all the linda-stuff in it, don't forget the Linda.lua to avoid FSX from Crash.
  • open FSUIPC4.ini and delete all entries related to LINDA like[VRInsight]1=com3
  • Edit the lines[Programs]Runif1=your fsx-folderModuleslinda.exeand enter your path to VRSim.exe
  • save

To use FSX with VRSim rename Modules to Modules.LINDA and Modules.VRI to Modules.To switch back to LINDA rename Modules to Modules.VRI and Modules.LINDA to Modules.I wrote a little Batch-File to do this work for me, to see the used "mode" I use a shortcut on the desktop witch will automatically renamed by the Batch.Here is the Code of the batch, but you have remember to edit all paths.The LINDA_Switch.bat is placed in the main FSX-Folder.

@ECHOif exist Modules.VRI goto VRIMove R:FSXModules R:FSXModules.VRIMove R:FSXModules.LINDA R:FSXModulesren "G:Dokumente und EinstellungenRoland PDesktopFSX_VRI.lnk" FSX_LINDA.lnk [color=#FF0000]//this is where your desktop is stored[/color]goto ende:VRIMove R:FSXModules R:FSXModules.LINDAMove R:FSXModules.VRI R:FSXModulesren "G:Dokumente und EinstellungenRoland PDesktopFSX_LINDA.lnk" FSX_VRI.lnk [color=#ff0000]//this is where your desktop is stored[/color]:ende

I hope you find it useful

HiThanks for the help but may I remove the path to LINDA in the:[Programs]Runif1=your fsx-folderModuleslinda.exe Beforre I will enter the path for vrisim.exe?I have do what you have written above but now is LINDA closed?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Hi Fredrik,Linda does not have to run, cause you want VRSim to work with your FSX, so you have to change the Line Runif1= as described to point to your installed VRSim.exe

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

HiI am still need Linda for MCP Combo but I cannot do it with your solution, am I?Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

I think, you totally didn't understand what I was trying to explain with my solution.If you want to use the LevelD 767 it is better to use VRInsights VRSim.exe instead of LINDA.And if you do not understand my solution, it is better to ignore it, try instead what Andy described above in this threat.BTW: meanwhile I found out, what my problem was with the IFly737. With the right module version installed, Ifly737 works with LINDA very well. So the LevelD767 for me is the only reason not to use LINDA.

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

HiYes, I missunderstood it but glad that uoy have found a solution!Best Fredrik