Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Md87

Problems, Problems and more problems

It seems like every time an issue gets resolved, a new problems rises. This should never happen to a program that i spent nearly 50 dollars on, this is extremely disappointing. Whenever I press 1 or 2 the atc never talks,(and yes I do have the dialogue thing open). I tried everything that can be done. I am running Windows 7 and Fsx, i also followed everything o the manual.

First, the FS Window should be in the foreground (hot, has focus), not the RC flight menu window, in order to respond to key commands. Clicking on the main FS window panel of the loaded aircraft should do this. If you dragged the RC flight menu window around you need to do this to get focus back on the FS windowNext, you musty not have an add-on that would 'steal' key commands such as some FMCs that have a keyboard option input activated. Be sure you do not have a key conflict between RC and another running add-in such as some of the 'crew' supplementary programs that use checklists.Your key commands are defined in the keyboard tab when you have RC itself open. If you change any resolve it.If this is a new RC installation be sure to update FSUIPC from both the full and interim links. Then update makerwys and then run an RC scenery rebuild again. Links are pinned in the forum top.For sound, RC uses the main wav and master volume mixer settings. You can check this when RC is running preflight by going to a voice page and clicking on the speaker icon.If you still have a problem follow the instructions about sending in a log as pinned at the forum top.

i'm guessing that another add-on, or a third party plane, has the 1 and 2 keys mapped to something for them. that's why in rc, you have the option to redefine those rc keys to something else, like ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2fs can't be paused, when you press 1 or 2, and you have to press 1 or 2 when you have fs as your active window. but if 3 or 4 work fine, then it's probably another app stealing the keys before i see them.if you want your 50$ back, send me an email.there's no point in being unhappy.jd

Hello Md87.I would urge you to try and reslove the problems with RC4. The programme is way out of date and has a very clunky interface, but once you overcome the initial problems it really adds to the immersive experience with FSX. I have used the programme for a number of years and I would not fly without it. However, I will be happier when RC5 hits the shelves.Seasons Greetings to you all.Chris Hall

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

42%
    $10,670.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now