Today I received an ad from newegg and they were offering what looks like the same ram I have except in 2x4gb instead of the 2x2gb. It seems like a good deal but was wondering a few things.Here is the ram they are offering 20% offhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231314&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122711&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122711-_-EMC-122711-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231314-L0EHere is my current ramhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277From what I can tell it seems my ram is on the lower end of the spectrum. 1.) Is it worth upgrading to anything over 4gb of ramif yes2.) Should I get this 8gb of ram or find better and faster ram?

You can use both for 12GB if you have a use for that much RAM

Ya, I actually thought about that. I am just wondering if I even need more than 4gb. It seems a lot of people use 8gbs these days.I just opened up fsx with the ngx at fsdreamteams KLAX and it was averaging about 3.15gbs It dropped to 2.95 when I moved over to KEDW

Win 7 is very good at managing memory and 4GB should be plenty for FSX if you ask me

Well I guess that answers my question lol I don't think I'll buy the ram then. Maybe next build I'll go with 8gb of ram

sorry to disturb but I have an issue regarding with RAM. Is the cost of getting more RAM really that expensive? My dad just said it costs around ¥30,000 ($380) to get more RAM and getting a new computer is a better deal for ¥50,000 ($640) with the CPU motherboard etc. He says that the older generation RAM costs more (my current one is 4GB Dimmpc2-6400)is it really of a deal like that?