Sign in to follow this  
Vmc

thank you sir, may I have another

A couple of days ago I received a suspension from this forum for what I said or did. Actually I agree with the moderators that it was not the most tasteful thing to do. I want to make it clear that I meant no malice by it, well, maybe a just little bit. But it was not directed at the developer. It was a statement to the general direction of the thread. Not that it makes any difference, but I wanted to get that out of the way just the same.I am a big boy and if a whipping is what I get then it’s a whipping that I will take, “thank you sir, may I have another!”However, I did have a problem with it. The avsim staff is free to do whatever you want. It’s your playground and I’m just an unwanted visitor. What does bother me is the fact that I paid a lot of money for a lot of products:PDMG (x2)RADAR CONTACTFS2CREW (x3)HIFISIM (x2)CARENADO (x4) it’s not official, but I’ll add it to the list just to make my point.You mean to say that just because I misbehaved in the general non-product related forums I am banned from seeing the forums of the products that I paid for? Say it ain’t so.Developers:I think it’s time that you guys step up and take control of your own forums. It’s not that expensive for crying out loud. If I misbehave in your products forums then please punish me but what I do or say elsewhere is really none of your business is it? Does buying your product mean that I’ll have to watch what I say in the avsim forums?That is all. Carry on.

You mean to say that just because I misbehaved in the general non-product related forums I am banned from seeing the forums of the products that I paid for? Say it ain’t so.
That is exactly what "[we] mean to say," so it definitely makes you think twice before hitting that post button next time if you feel the contents may raise some eye brows. We all see it is a small warning and a request for an adjustment, and we look forward to seeing you more around here.
If I misbehave in your products forums then please punish me but what I do or say elsewhere is really none of your business is it? Does buying your product mean that I’ll have to watch what I say in the avsim forums?
I'm trying my hardest not to interpret this as you qualifying misbehavior in the forum if there's no repercussion of losing forum (official/non-official) access for those products.

AVSIM is not your personal playground. If you need support of your products, please use e-mail.

AVSIM is not your personal playground. If you need support of your products, please use e-mail.
You took the words outta my mug. Thanks Jim...Not to put too fine a point on it, you accepted terms of use when you signed up for the forums (ALL THE FORUMS). When you logged on, that was acceptance of those terms. Those "base" terms apply accross the system. PMDG and the other can increase their rules if they so choose, but the bottom line is that if we see anything that violates AVSIM's base TOU, then that will generate a response. Pretty simple.Simple - violate our TOU ANYWHERE in the system and you will suffer the consequences.And now I am closing this topic as it deserves.