Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Female voice GPWS . and Question.

(first of all, sorry my poor English, I live in east asia. don't know english...but maybe you can understand .)As I know people react easily with female voice, not male voice.So I did think if I change that voice to female voice from default male voice, it's good for pilot(Me).I drive with both 747x and 737ngx.So I did it on 747x useing the voice progam called "Magic English plus"See video :)

I don't know if you feel or not. The voice is little bit awkward.So I am looking for the voice program which has natural voice and beutiful for 737ngx.Any sugestion?Thank you for reading!.btn_ex_off.gif

Oh. I did go-around becuase I did set the flap to 20, not 25. I was thinking the normal flap setting is 20 for landing. I was wrong.So I didn't understand the GPWS "too low flaps". What the hell??? :)I was so confuzed. almost near miss! and second trying was succed. !

What I might suggest is maybe to search for ######ing Betty http://tinyurl.com/yea39ca which is a slang word for a female airplane sound. Here is a video of the girl that did the sounds.for some airplanes

.I would also like to say that your English is fully understandable, no trouble at all :)ManfredEDIT

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

More recent research, however, carried out since more females have begun working in aviation as pilots and air traffic controllers, indicates that the previous hypothesis may be unreliable. General human factors wisdom now indicates largely that, either due to current culture or changing attitudes, an automated female voice is no more or less effective than the male voice.Edworthy et al. (2003) at the University of Plymouth, UK, for example, found that both acoustic and non-acoustic differences between male and female speakers were negligible. Therefore, they recommended, the choice of speaker should depend on the overlap of noise and speech spectra. Female voices did, however, appear to have an advantage in that they could portray a greater range of urgencies because of their usually higher pitch and pitch range. They reported an experiment showing that knowledge about the sex of a speaker has no effect on judgments of perceived urgency, with acoustic variables accounting for such differences [1].But Arrabito (2009) has found that with simulated cockpit background radio traffic, a male voice rather than a female voice, in a monotone or urgent annunciaton style, resulted in the largest proportion of correct and fastest identification response times to verbal warnings, regardless of the gender of the listener.But I like female voice still ....

You can personalize the callouts like on Tom Tom I think, just replace wave files. A bit unreal, but... :)

Regards

Andrea Daviero

:(

I do agree though, a female voice would be so much better... probably why i have a weakness for the MD-11... :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png