Maybe I missed the train on WX influenced graphics. Every time I install WX influenced graphic it shows the theme as Custom. I have read the AS2012 Document section on this subject and it doesn't seem to answer the question. I have tried various orders of entering the flight plan and installing graphics. No matter what I try it always comes down to Custom theme being installed as WX influenced graphics even if a different theme is selected on the drop down menu on the home page. Maybe I misunderstand Custom. Possibly it is a changing theme depending on the enroute weather as opposed to Acceleration, Default, DreamScape, etc which seem to be fixed themes. Is this correct or wrong?Thank youMichael Cubine

Guest BeaverDriver

I see the same thing. I think what it's doing is not installing a specific theme, but installing cloud sets, etc. based on what the wx is doing at the time. As such, every time your wx changes (over different sessions), you'll get a completely new "assembly" of pieces, which essentially is a Custom set. You can do that yourself and you'll see it listed as a Custom theme. The only difference is that in the automated method you are using, AS is adding the custom set instead of you doing it manually.

Yes that's what is happening. It's custom because the program is changing it based on weather each time you set it.

I had AS12 configure 60 snapshots of every type of weather. When installing the wx infulenced graphics from a flight plan it appears that the snapshots are overlooked and a custom theme is installed for each session. With ASE, the message box always said which snapshot number was being installed, and therefore I was able to take a screenshot of the weather and then import that image into the snapshot preview and hence have a snaphot of that theme. I have been unable to get any previews into the viewer doing that with AS 12 because the message box always says custom them being installed but there is no number with it, seems a person will have to load a snapshot to get an image into the preview, but then whats the point when custom theme is always installed.edit: I always fly in live weather and I get fantastic results, my skies are just awesome, the snow textures on the runways are another great added feature which i truly enjoy.

Hi, Yes like stated above, custom are used, mostly are sky, water wave and clouds are used in wx influenced, all others are random, no need snapshots since AS2012 have integrated graphics and you can save huge amount of HarDisk space without using snapshot. As exemple, having 60 snapshot of cumulus 4096 32 bit is about 6.4GB and this is without cirrus in snapshot yet, and without any external addons installed yet, compare to our complete contents about 5GB wihch normnaly should be 16GB compare to others uncompressed addonsscenery + the snapshot, you can end up to 30GB or more.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis