Sign in to follow this  
SpeedPilot

Spot view and "skeleton" aircraft for around 2 seconds when using...

I recently purchased this aircraft. One problem I'm having with it is that if I use low res VC textures and modelling (except for one of the VC settings I kept at high res) instead of the high res ones, when I fly and switch from VC view to spot view, I get this "skeleton" looking aircraft where I can see the interior and it renders itself to full exteror in about 2 seconds from the inside-out. Reason why I wanted to use most of the VC settings as low res is that I wanted a little higher frame rate in VC mode and the VC still looked good in my opinion as long as I kept the one VC texture setting at high. If I keep all VC texture settings on high and the modelling setting on high res then I don't have this "skeleton" aircraft problem when going to spot view which to me doesn't make sense because high res settings for the VC are more resource intensive than the low res settings. Why does this happen when I use low res VC textures and modelling but not when all have them are set to high res? My PC has an i7 2600k 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and a very fast SSD.

I'm not sure why it would happen with low-res textures & not high-res, but that's just fsx dumping unused textures & then suddenly having to reload them.

I recently purchased this aircraft. One problem I'm having with it is that if I use low res VC textures and modelling (except for one of the VC settings I kept at high res) instead of the high res ones, when I fly and switch from VC view to spot view, I get this "skeleton" looking aircraft where I can see the interior and it renders itself to full exteror in about 2 seconds from the inside-out. Reason why I wanted to use most of the VC settings as low res is that I wanted a little higher frame rate in VC mode and the VC still looked good in my opinion as long as I kept the one VC texture setting at high. If I keep all VC texture settings on high and the modelling setting on high res then I don't have this "skeleton" aircraft problem when going to spot view which to me doesn't make sense because high res settings for the VC are more resource intensive than the low res settings. Why does this happen when I use low res VC textures and modelling but not when all have them are set to high res? My PC has an i7 2600k 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and a very fast SSD.
Your rig is more than enough for NGX. But have you applied HIGHMEMFIX=1 in cfg?(Also do an OC, since you have this Sandy Bridge)/ Leffe