Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpeedPilot

Spot view and "skeleton" aircraft for around 2 seconds when using...

I recently purchased this aircraft. One problem I'm having with it is that if I use low res VC textures and modelling (except for one of the VC settings I kept at high res) instead of the high res ones, when I fly and switch from VC view to spot view, I get this "skeleton" looking aircraft where I can see the interior and it renders itself to full exteror in about 2 seconds from the inside-out. Reason why I wanted to use most of the VC settings as low res is that I wanted a little higher frame rate in VC mode and the VC still looked good in my opinion as long as I kept the one VC texture setting at high. If I keep all VC texture settings on high and the modelling setting on high res then I don't have this "skeleton" aircraft problem when going to spot view which to me doesn't make sense because high res settings for the VC are more resource intensive than the low res settings. Why does this happen when I use low res VC textures and modelling but not when all have them are set to high res? My PC has an i7 2600k 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and a very fast SSD.

I'm not sure why it would happen with low-res textures & not high-res, but that's just fsx dumping unused textures & then suddenly having to reload them.

Kenneth Weir

My Saitek yoke mod

i7 2600k @ 4.7

8GB Gskill CAS7

2x GTX580 SLI Surround + GT520 Accessory

Win7x64

I recently purchased this aircraft. One problem I'm having with it is that if I use low res VC textures and modelling (except for one of the VC settings I kept at high res) instead of the high res ones, when I fly and switch from VC view to spot view, I get this "skeleton" looking aircraft where I can see the interior and it renders itself to full exteror in about 2 seconds from the inside-out. Reason why I wanted to use most of the VC settings as low res is that I wanted a little higher frame rate in VC mode and the VC still looked good in my opinion as long as I kept the one VC texture setting at high. If I keep all VC texture settings on high and the modelling setting on high res then I don't have this "skeleton" aircraft problem when going to spot view which to me doesn't make sense because high res settings for the VC are more resource intensive than the low res settings. Why does this happen when I use low res VC textures and modelling but not when all have them are set to high res? My PC has an i7 2600k 3.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, and a very fast SSD.
Your rig is more than enough for NGX. But have you applied HIGHMEMFIX=1 in cfg?(Also do an OC, since you have this Sandy Bridge)/ Leffe

Leif A Mikkelsen

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now