Sign in to follow this  
Brittney

ImagineSim Kden "Not a valid short file name"

I have been pulling my hair out for the past month trying to solve this issue.I am trying to re-install my imaginesim KDEN scenery, but every time I try to install, it comes up with this message:'Recovered' is not a valid short file name.Then I hit "Ok", and it says it hasn't been installed because of the error.My folder Recovered was where my FS9 was located, but I re-installed FS9 completely on my hard drive, deleted the entire "Recovered" folder, and thought that would fix the problem.But, it's still saying that. Dunno why..I even went into my registry and deleted everything that had "Recovered" or "Imaginesim" in the name.Still nothing. Can someone help me please?Here's a screenie:

It is a Registry error, as you suspected.Google "is not a short name" and you will see that it occurs with all kinds of software. It may be that Imaginesim has some coded entries that are not obvious in your registry. Perhaps the vendor can help you on that.John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

Okay. One thing I hate about ImagineSim... wonderful sceneries; but extremely poor support.They never reply to emails, and they don't have a support forum? I think that's quite poor of them.

I searched "Kden" in the registry, and there are over 2,000 folders of stuff all referring to 'Recovered"But you can't delete more than one at a time.... is there a way to do more than one?

Do you have CCleaner? After you uninstall Imaginesim KDEN. Try to use CCleaner to fix all the issues in the registry, it might help though. Since it deletes useless registry.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5