Sign in to follow this  
soup501

Lines on wings blurry!

the only way to get perfect lines on the wings is to ENABLE Multisampling from Inspector. I have just tried. Unfortunately, doing that, every time I switch from 2D panel to VC or wingviews I get huge stuttering for seconds, after that the system run as before having switched.Nothing to do with any kind of transparency filter, I'll repeat, the only way to get rid of that is to ENABLE multisampling.

You are running with the standard CP which is nowhere near as good as Nvidia Inspector. I suggest, and suspect some of the other guys will agree, that you get a copy of Inspector and start using that. Simply do a search, you'll get to it within seconds. This IMO is one of your main problems. I had a GTX470 and like others was never really satisfied with AA and AF. I run a 580 and still not completely happy! These are my setting, so I suggest you follow them apart for trying sparse grid 2x . Either way it should help a load. Let us know how you get on.242J_van_s_settings_good.png
Hello Howard,I have something similar about you and in particular 4xSGSS as transparency filter, because it is almost the only way to fix shimmering on my sceneries.Well, I have seen that using this kind of filter has a huge impact on fps (about 50% less) while flying over water(*).Did you see this fps drop also?I would like to run 2x Low (at least) to get sunlight reflections on water, otherwise it could not be possible Moreover, setting ENABLE in Inspector Multisampling, give a very annoying stuttering while switching different views. You experienced that as well?Many thanks, bye.(*)= water effects set 2x Low in FSX.

The problem may be that the dds file is not saved out with mipmaps in dxtbmp, thats why I use mipmaps in my repaints if I dont I get jaggies and its not your driver settings in this caes.

Rich Sennett

I can't see any problem in the picture. You need to experiment with some different settings in your inspector CP. Don't touch anythinf except AA mode and Supersampling. The forums are full of guys with different settings and all will work differently with different setups. I suggest you do some searching and try out some alternative settings. Also lock your framnerate at no more than 30. I have mine locked at 25. This will allow you to push the Inspector settings without taking too much away from the CPUGreat, pleased I could help. But like everything in FSX, it's all about trial and error and testing. When testing always, always remember never to make more than one small change at a time. :(.
Thanks for the advice, I'll start tweaking it around but it's great to have a good foundation on which to build on! You da man!

Rich has made the most valid point, and that is about mipmaps, although my experience in this area is zero, I nevertheless understand that with some sceneries and addons, it doesn't matter what you do with the GPU, jaggies etc will always be present. That's why so many of us end up chasing our tails!Rick, your question about the frame drops. There are settings in Inspector which will literally bring FSX to it's knees! Only yesterday was I experimenting with some different settings and one setting, can't remember which, brought my frames down to between 2 and 8!!! It was all I could do to move the mouse curser to close down FSX!! However, the main settings which people use, in my own personal experience, will only make a slight difference between each one, but I most certainly have not experienced anything like 50%. That's not to say that you won't experience something similar because as I said, and as most guys will tell you, all rigs are different. IMO the worst thing anyone can do is to copy some suggested settings, either in inspector or someone's cfg, copy it to their own setup and forget it, WRONG! OK, it gives you a good starting point and that is good, but once you have those settings simply use them to conduct your own tests. Your water settings at Low x 2 is the recognised setting really for todays rigs. In fact there is very little difference between Low x 2 and highter settings. Some, including myself, sadly have to run at a higher setting (next to top, can't remember which!) due to graphical flashes, when used with the GTX580. The upside of course is slightly nicer water textures. Anyway, you shouldn't really consider dropping your settings below Low x 2 as it really should not be necessary.

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776