Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

Pity users of None-English countries.

Danm right.Standard language of aviation is English.I wrote before, I spend 8 months for reading 747x manuals.And now I drive my plane on VATSIM, there are no my country guys all the time.Which county of world is most far from England?Guess what?... it's my country. So the culture and language are totally different.English say "I like an airplane." But my country language sequnce is "I an airplane like""Can I use this note book?" is "This note book I use can(+subfix)? " in my country."I like an airplane that is expensive" is "Expensive that is an airplane I like"Translation is very hard.This is why the East-Asia ares are almost empty on VATSIM server.(except Hong Kong and philipin, they use English!!!!!! )I suggest Flight sim to my friends becuase they are bored with some old game like a WOW, mmorpgs..But They don't like this game because it's English.I don't have any idea.Oh. the English problem happens at real world too.

Kim, give IVAO a try. I have been using Vatsim for about 5 years and love it however I now fly a lot in the Middle East and Asia online and kept hearing that you find much more traffic in those regions on IVAO.anyway my point being I have noticed a fair few pilots learning English and the controllers are very helpful, and not to start a Vatsim v IVAO argument but the AI models and pilot client (Ivap) is light years ahead of SB. Regards

Rob Prest

Good point, but as I'm sure you know, parents spend a lot of money sending their children to English language schools, and often have to pass TOEFL for example to get into college (I would guess SNU?) or employment. So maybe it is a way to work on English language skills?scott s..

Mr Kim,I have the solution for your and your friends.Drink more Soju!I've noticed in my dealings with Koreans that most can barely speak English, but give them some Soju and all of sudden the inhibitions are gone and the English just comes flying out!So maybe drink some Soju before each flight on Vatsim.Regarding that New York controller...He should have spoke much slower.I'd like to see a group of white Anglo Americans forced to speak Chinese in that situation. That would be a real site to behold :LMAO:The only Anglos I know who can speak Chinese are a few Brit cops who stayed behind in Hong Kong after '97. What's that... like, 15... 20 people :(