Sign in to follow this  
Superpilotv2

Extreme Prototypes Learjet 20 Series repaints?!

I use Photo Editor v4.0. I have Photoshop 6 but can't ever stay with it long enough to learn how to use it. Mine is super easy for me.Ray
All right. I found another problem: PSE can´t read dds textures. Is there a tool to convert it?btw. I´ve just downloaded your paint. I´ll take it for a spinn ASAP. :(

Search for a free download of DXTbmp texture tool. Most everyone uses it for working with dds/extended bmps.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Search for a free download of DXTbmp texture tool. Most everyone uses it for working with dds/extended bmps.
Thanks Ray. Sorry that I´m asking you all these questions. :(

Guest jahman
Remember this was designed as a Swiss fighter.
Sorry for the OT: Can you expand? This is interesting!Cheers,- jahman.

The original Lear Jet was designed as a Swiss fighter and very small changes to get the FAA approval as a civil private jet.

Sorry for the OT: Can you expand? This is interesting!Cheers,- jahman.
The Learjet started life as an abortive Swiss ground-attack fighter aircraft, the FFA P-16. Development started in 1952 and prototypes were ordered the next year. The first prototypes flew in 1955 and construction and testing continued until 1958 when an order for 100 was placed. This was reversed soon after due to a crash of the third prototype. Two additional prototypes were finished, the last in 1960, but the project was ended at this point.The basic structure of this aircraft was seen by Bill Lear and his team as a good starting point to the development of a business jet, which was originally intended to be called the SAAC-23. The wing with its distinctive tip fuel tanks and landing gear of the first Learjets were little changed from those used by the fighter prototypes. The tooling for building the aircraft was purchased and moved to Wichita, Kansas, in 1962. LearJet was in a temporary office which opened in September 1962 while the plant at Wichita's airport was under construction. On February 7, 1963 assembly of the first Learjet began. The next year, the company was renamed the Lear Jet Corporation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LearjetRay

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest jahman

Thanks, Steffen and Ray! That explains why the LearJet reeks of speed (though without the actual speed). Those old engines are also jetfighter loud! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

There is a repaint kit available now.  Any up for reviving this topic and getting some more repaints?

Mitchell Haughee