Sign in to follow this  
BritishEagle

Uk2000 Liverpool review and special addon

I have been in contact with a chap called Rory Fairbairn, he has/will upload a bgl file to add to the Liverpool scenery which is specifically for VFR flying and shows the wind turbines in Liverpool and Morecambe Bays, plus those around the coast in Wales. All in all about 1200 turbines. I asked some time ago for if someone could do this as in the past there was one on the net for FS9, but where it disappered to I cant say only that it was and still is sadly missed by me and vfr flyers in that region, and he contacted me this week to say he had finally made one. It’s up on Avsim soon but I got the first dibs on it and it looks fantastic for FSX, just giving you the heads up for a decent add-on.By the way Daniel Martinez' review was spot on, watch the terminal bus going round and round…. It’s usually the best of the action at Liverpool these days lol.. Danny mentioned that the old terminal is sadly missing, That was my usual haunt when I was a kid and yes it is missing from this scenery, but there is a version available from Derbosoft, free which will add into the FSX scenery although there is a version that adds the old runways but I haven't tried that version yet. I'm in the middle of putting all my collected scenery onto a new faster drive and its taking some time but I have in Runcorn Bridge and a few other pieces of scenery that I didn't know would work in fsx like the Hilbrae Lighthouse. As you can see the area around Liverpool is looking good and with the oil refinery files available on Avsim, VFR flying is a lot more fun than the real thing in some cases.... Anyone remember Piper Colt G-ARGO doing the bumps and starts all day? I do, and I do it again now thanks to Gary and the guys at UK2000... in HD!

For those interested in the turbine add-on file, please reference:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxscen&DLID=164849Enjoy, courtesy of Mr. Rory Fairbairn