Sign in to follow this  
Movieman162

Texture Max Load Value Keeps Resetting

Cool, thanks for the info Ed.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There is a revision update of FSX MyConfig.More Info at the GENERAL forum: 'How to Easily Restore Your FSX Configuration'

Currently I got TML Editor working but that seems like a very useful program you suggested especially for other values.Thanks

Hi Ed,Thanks for making this utility.I have a problem with it running. When I launch the program, I get a .NET Framework error, "Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero" I have the .exe and the cfg files in the same folder as the fsx.cfg file, I have also verified that I do have .NET 4 Framework installed. I have tried launching directly and from a batch file, still no joy. Any help would be appreciatedThanks in advanceMark

Mark Zanzig

Ed, can you save multiple profiles with different settings?
Currently I got TML Editor working but that seems like a very useful program you suggested especially for other values.Thanks
Hi,Here is a next version 1.1.0 of 'FSX MyConfig'. Easy Profile selection is added.You can download the program at: http://home.kpn.nl/nowisgold/fsxmyconfig/

Hi Ed,Thanks for making this utility.I have a problem with it running. When I launch the program, I get a .NET Framework error, "Argument 'Length' must be greater or equal to zero" I have the .exe and the cfg files in the same folder as the fsx.cfg file, I have also verified that I do have .NET 4 Framework installed. I have tried launching directly and from a batch file, still no joy. Any help would be appreciatedThanks in advanceMark
Hi Mark,First download v.1.1.0 and try it.If the error persists I'd like to know:- Do have WIN XP or 7 latest SP?- What is in your FSXMyConfig.cfg at the moment of the error?- If you get the error message, please click op Details and then make a PrintScrn and upload that to me.The PrintScrn should look like:

Ed,Yes it is V1.0.1- Do have WIN XP or 7 latest SP?Win7x64 yes latest SP- What is in your FSXMyConfig.cfg at the moment of the error?/ This is an Example My Configuration File./ Start a comment or a label always with a '/'./ The parameter order is free, i.e. they may differ from the order in 'fsx.cfg'./ Blank lines are allowed./ You could specify different profiles e.g.:/ Profile 1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12LOD_RADIUS=5.500000/ SOUND_LOD=0/ Profile 2/ TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024/ CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8/ LOD_RADIUS=4.500000/ SOUND_LOD=1/ Profile 1 is active here.- If you get the error message, please click op Details and then make a PrintScrn and upload that to me.See attachedOther info: UAC dissabled, and the error repeats if launced from batch file or directlyThank, Mark

Mark Zanzig

Hey Edward, forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread, but I notice you suggest starting FSX via the config, however, how does this work when normally starting FSX via Shade?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Hey Edward, forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread, but I notice you suggest starting FSX via the config, however, how does this work when normally starting FSX via Shade?
Howard,I always start FSX by means of a batch file as delivered by FPS_Limiter (also recommended by ******* Bojote). So it is easy to start the FSX MyConfig tool with the same batch file (I included it as an example in the program package). I always like to learn so what is Shade? I guess a FPS_Limiter alternative?

Hmm, I don't have a limiter as they don't work for me. FSX is started via the Shade icon and injects saved changes of the colour and different shade densities into FSX Shade= http://www.flightsim...roducts_id=1894

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard

Hmm, I don't have a limiter as they don't work for me. FSX is started via the Shade icon and injects saved changes of the colour and different shade densities into FSX Shade= http://www.flightsim...roducts_id=1894
You still should be able to start FSX MyConfig (which is btw a run once tool) followed by Shade and FSX from a batch file.Would you still recommend Shade in combination with REX and/or AS2012 in terms of quality improvement and frame-rate impact? (I have Bojote's Shader 3 mod installed)

I have to say I'm not over keen on Shade as it overemphasises the shadow areas. However, there is one setting that I use and it is a lot les 'aggressive' than all the others, Mark's settings I think it's called. Anyway, it just adds a little bit of something to the screen. As for a hit, absolutely not, although some maybe disagree. Yes it works with REX with no problem whatsoever. You are also able to change aspects of coloirs and densities from within the GUI.

Howard

I have to say I'm not over keen on Shade as it overemphasises the shadow areas. However, there is one setting that I use and it is a lot les 'aggressive' than all the others, Mark's settings I think it's called. Anyway, it just adds a little bit of something to the screen. As for a hit, absolutely not, although some maybe disagree. Yes it works with REX with no problem whatsoever. You are also able to change aspects of coloirs and densities from within the GUI.
Thanks Howard, I give it a try and see if I can put everything in that ONE MAGIC BATCH FILE :(

Thanks Howard, I give it a try and see i!f I can put everything in that ONE MAGIC BATCH FILE :(
Now that woud be cool! Edited by Rockliffe

Howard