Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

737 enthusiasts, help me identify Romney's jet

I can't quite tell what model it is, or what colors it's sporting. Any ideas?tumblr_lxnthbl4Q81qcfoo3o1_500.jpg

Chris Hicks

It's sporting the "I'm such a rich a**hole that I can afford, not only to have my own NG, but also my own privte shoe-shine dude" colours..I last saw them on Donald Trump's jet back in the late mega_shok.gif's. I think Bob Diamond may have his 744 in the same livery ;)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

It's a 737-800 leased from Miami Air and officially named Diane. The press nickname for it is Hair Force One.

Edited by UAL115

It's a 737-800 leased from Miami Air and officially named Diane. The press nickname for it is Hair Force One.
Really? Looked like a -400 to me. Short wings without winglets.Oh, I guess "hair force one" was Trumps plane. Edited by JokersWild

Chris Hicks

Yeah your right my mistake, I see Miami Air also has 737-400s. Trumps new 757-200 makes Romney's 737-400 look like a gehtto plane. :(

Edited by UAL115

Really? Looked like a -400 to me. Short wings without winglets.Oh, I guess "hair force one" was Trumps plane.
Easiest way to tell from that picture you gave is the flaps. The NGs have double slotted flaps as opposed to the classic's triple slotted.From the first pic you gave, it's hard to explain, but the nacelle around the intake is "fatter" on the NGs.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

If I can make out the Reg there - N42XA then its a 737 - 429 operated by Xtra Airways.Hope that helps!

Anthony Milner

Still confused on which airline he is actually leasing the 737-400 from because press articles keep saying Miami Air? Maybe he switched planes?

Presidential candidate Mitt Romney leases a Miami Air 737, officially named "Diane" but unofficially dubbed "Hair Force One" by the press.
This is a press related article I also found.
Published: January 4, 2012[Romney's] staff applauded dutifully when he got on his plane (a Miami Air 737 named “Diane” on the fuselage but labeled Hair Force One by others), and he went up and down the row congratulating each staff member with a “nice work” and a “thank you.” The grin he wore when he boarded remained throughout the flight — even when he entered and exited the lavatory.
Edited by UAL115

Still confused on which airline he is actually leasing the 737-400 from because press articles keep saying Miami Air? Maybe he switched planes?This is a press related article I also found.
That's most likely correct. The Xtra jet may have been from a 2008 photo op. I'll have to look up Diane.

Chris Hicks