Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alsummers

Couple of issues with AS Evolution

Good Day Gentleman,I don't believe I have posted in the HiFi forum for several years. AS5, 6 and 6.5 transformed my FS2004 world many years ago, and to this day I can't thank you enough for the positive aspects they added to it.I've been using FSX for a couple of years now, but not in the hardcore manner that I used FS2004 before that. A few months ago I purchased AS Evolution, and it has on the whole been excellent. But I do have a couple of issues.1. MASSIVE frame rate hit during weather update.2. Despite setting weather update to every 30 minutes, it always updates after 15.My system is fairly reasonable - i7 930, 8GB RAM, Twin 1GB GTX460's in SLI, and FSX runs OK, but AS Evolution cripples it during the weather update.Is this normal? Are there any particular settings I should adjust in order to try and remedy it?Any help most appreciated.Thanks!Regards,Al.

Good Day Gentleman,I don't believe I have posted in the HiFi forum for several years. AS5, 6 and 6.5 transformed my FS2004 world many years ago, and to this day I can't thank you enough for the positive aspects they added to it.I've been using FSX for a couple of years now, but not in the hardcore manner that I used FS2004 before that. A few months ago I purchased AS Evolution, and it has on the whole been excellent. But I do have a couple of issues.1. MASSIVE frame rate hit during weather update.2. Despite setting weather update to every 30 minutes, it always updates after 15.My system is fairly reasonable - i7 930, 8GB RAM, Twin 1GB GTX460's in SLI, and FSX runs OK, but AS Evolution cripples it during the weather update.Is this normal? Are there any particular settings I should adjust in order to try and remedy it?Any help most appreciated.Thanks!Regards,Al.
No, it is not normal and FSX should run better than just OK on that system... For starters, try the ASE beta that is listed earlier in the forum and see if that helps; I'm using it and find it is an improvement over the older versions - make sure that "Force High Priority Processes" isn't checked in the options. Finally, you can also force ASE to use a processor that isn't being used by FSX by playing with processor affinity. Be aware that AS2012 is much more efficient in processing and updates - you might consider upgrading if all else fails.DJ