Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbass

Akesoft Valencia Scenery

Akesoft developed a scenery package for Valencia Spain. The software runs under FSX. I installed the package. I then noticed that there was an update available. I attempted to download the update file but my security software blocked the download - blocked known bad file.I tried to contact the developer but their site prevented the forwarding of an e-mail message.Does anyone know about this bad file?NOTE: I could just disable my firewall but if this file contains something bad then I risk my system.Thanks.Frank

I installed this a long while back and have seen no known ill effects since adding it. Of course things could have changed so let others chime in on what they think and so on.

altstiff,When you say "I installed this...." do you mean the main package or the update? The reason I ask is because it is the update that is being flagged by my security software.Thanks,Frank

altstiff,When you say "I installed this...." do you mean the main package or the update? The reason I ask is because it is the update that is being flagged by my security software.Thanks,Frank
I installed both the package and the update and as I said I have had zero issues.See this post from August...http://forum.avsim.net/topic/322257-akesoft-valencia/

Thank you kind sir. I now have both files installed. I'll run a complete security scan to determine if anything "hitchhiked" with the dowload.Thanks again,Frank