Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clutch Cargo

Nvidia cards w/different memory

Anbody running Nvidia cards in SLI that have different size memory? I have a 580 with 1.5GB and a 2nd 580 with 3GB and the SLI option is not available in the Nvidia Control Panel. From my research I think you do need both but I thaought I would confirm to see if any simmers are do it?Thx,Clutch

Anbody running Nvidia cards in SLI that have different size memory? I have a 580 with 1.5GB and a 2nd 580 with 3GB and the SLI option is not available in the Nvidia Control Panel. From my research I think you do need both but I thaought I would confirm to see if any simmers are do it?Thx,Clutch
Why don't you pop this question to the SLi guys at NVidia? They'll give you a far more definitive answer.

Did that. Was just using the "shotgun approach" to see if it was actually being done in the field. For those interested: the word I got was no, they need to have the same amount of RAM on board. In addition, both cards need to be the same series, (like both 580's), they can be from different manufactures however and should even be the same speed other wise it drops to the slower speed.

Did that. Was just using the "shotgun approach" to see if it was actually being done in the field. For those interested: the word I got was no, they need to have the same amount of RAM on board. In addition, both cards need to be the same series, (like both 580's), they can be from different manufactures however and should even be the same speed other wise it drops to the slower speed.
Glad you asked them. That is why I'd suggested you pop your question to them because when I first started down the SLi route with two GeForce 7600GT 256Mb GPUs when they were the recommended GPU to have, the NVidia SLi Club were fantastic with their advice.Sadly, much as SLi was useful for other games, as far as MSFS was concerned,it was a dead duck, hence I have now reverted to a single GPU