Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Really happy with FSX lately

Me too; just tried my first prop a carendo cessna 340 flying over photo scenery in california....amazing experience!!!

Simon

I just wanted to comment on my happiness around FSX lately. I've never been this happy with my setup, since I can finally end my flight successfully.Mostly thanks to Pete and Bojote, but also generally to AVSIM and lots of other forums, helping to up my setup to have what I have now.In past 2 month, I did more FSX flights than in last year (where I went FSX all the way, after last upgrade) - successful ones, not counting those that crashed either inbetween or prior to landing.I'm now successfully enjoying good performance on the laptop - which was, funnily, a throw away object from a customer in my shop (where I work), and I took it home, took it apart, cleaned it, got in new HDD, since the old one wasn't working (that's why customer threw it away) - and been working with XP since then. Now it proved too slow for EFB, since it only had a Celeron CPU, so I upped a CPU, to T7500 dual core CPU (45€) and 2GB RAM (29€), and my HDD cost around 45€ back then - so I basically got a good working laptop for about 110€.The tweaks FSX is on now make it perform really really well - flying for two VAs now, which is really some immersive experience: BAV and DVA, both having a good supporting software and websites! All of that online, not had one problem yet with my setup (knock on wood). DVA actually measures average framerate - where my frames are locked at 30, but my flights end with about 27fps in average.On landings with my NGX at big airports, I do fly only VATSIM, I didn't see dips below 21fps - it's usually around 25fps.Also EFB on the iPad makes it for a really nice addition, giving me chart-like experience with current navigational data.Couple of iPhone shots if anyone cares :(
Hi KostaIt is looking very great, I am maybe can post one of my cockpit too :)Anyway look at this problems: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361421-airdisplay-and-ipad-2/page__fromsearch__1Best Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.