Sign in to follow this  
iflygary

Now you see it, now you don't!

What I am referring to is the outside wing. Is this bothering anyone else here while flying this beautiful bird, or is it just me? I love the plane, however the viewpoint when looking out the window and over the panel doesn't seem to be correct. I use Track IR as well as EZdock, I have tried and tried to adjust the eyepoint whereas I can look over the panel and out of the window and be able to see the wing just as in real life. I also have the Carenado Cessna 152 and the eyepoints for this plane is spot on, just as it should be in real life. With the Centurion, I either have to crouch over to see out of the window if I'm looking over the panel, or lean forward and up to see over the panel if I'm looking out of the window, and at that point I can only see the top of the door and I'm no longer able to see under the wing if I look out of the window. Is this a design flaw or is there a way around this????? Just wondering!! :Shocked:IflygaryI tried to attach screenshots but not sure how to here in these forums, sorry :(

Edited by iflygary

Guest BeaverDriver

No, that's actually correct. The 210 has a whole lot higher a panel than the 152. It's been quite a while since I sat in a 210 (and that was a P210 so it isn't quite the same) but in the 185 and 206 when sitting up so I can just see the cowl on the engine, I have to crouch down to see the wing out the side windows. It is a pain for sure in the sim because it's easier to crouch in real life, but this is accurate for the 185, 206, 210.

Awesome!!! At least now I know when I'm crouching, it will be just as in real life. Thanks for the quick reply!! :)

Guest BeaverDriver

No problem :). If you are in cruise, try "lowering your seat" so that you see the panel better and you can see out the sides better (this assumes you are IFR). On approach you're more interested in looking down anyway, so having your seat up doesn't matter that much.

If you are in cruise, try "lowering your seat" so that you see the panel better and you can see out the sides better
I've configured one of the switches on my Saitek yoke to do exactly this pretty much because of the 210. No knock on Carenado here at all, it's just the way this plane is.I'm am a bit disappointed to hear that this remains a problem for a TrackIR user, though. I've been about to pull the trigger on buying TrackIR in large part hoping that I'd be able to do a little duck-and-look-left manuever with it just as I would in the real plane.Scott Edited by tttocs

Scott, TrackIR is exactly what you need to do the duck and look left/right. You can adjust the response of the movement in the VC in relation to your head movement so a small movement down will be sufficient to see under the wing. Highly recommend using EZdok in combination with TrackIR. Its the holy grail of moving about the cockpit. Pull that trigger. It might take you a few hours to adjust but once you get there you will never go back to hat switches. Its that good.

Scott I would have to agree with treetops!!. TrackIR is THE only way to go!!. Initially there is about a two hour comfort zone time to get used to it but once you get there you will NEVER want to fly without it!! Panning n zooming in or out is pretty much effortless. Its just in this plane,the Centurion, I wanted to get clarification on the eye-points. If you do decide to get Track IR, and I strongly suggest you do so, you will really appreciate the view over the nose when you're coming in for a landing!!!! I have but one word for this......OUTSTANDING!!!!

Scott, TrackIR is exactly what you need to do the duck and look left/right.
Scott I would have to agree with treetops!!.
Thanks gentlemen, my enthusiasm is renewed. As soon as the sim budget allows (and assuming I can stop myself from buying more planes, scenery, airports...)!Scott