Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japo32

Illuminate function on button in MCP Combo2 possible?

Hello!well first thanks to all people involved in development of Linda and make the MCP combo 2 panel compatible with many planes in FSX.I work in Laminar Research as creator of planes, and mine is the CRJ200, which I pretend to make the combo 2 panel compatible with it.It would be find to find a Linda for x-plane!!Well.. one thing I didn't like too much when I tested the combo2 is that the lights illuminate all together, but not per fuction on. It would be better for me to make the function on-only illuminated button.I don't know if this is possible to do, or someone did it already... or how to do it.Any info about this is well appreciated.Thanks!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Javier,I was wondering is it you or not. Great to see you here!Feel free to ask anything about LINDA or MCP logic, I will be glad to help you.But I'm sorry, I didn't understand your question about lights. What exat do you mean and need to acheive?

No you cannot control the lights individually on the MCP2, they are all on one circuit, sorry. Something like LINDA is needed in X-Plane more than any other single thing, Laminar do not know what they are doing when it comes to providing support for external hardware, just being able to assign different functions on press, hold and release would be a vast improvement to XP. I use Button2Dataref but it is all manual typing of scripts, no GUI at all.

Well.. I don't know about programming too much. If someone teach me I can make scripts (I have made some little plugins for the 747 default xplane10 and mentor but with mistakes that had to be corrected).I think already the combo 2 MCP works in xplane9. Someone told how to do it. Even VRinsight supports it. But the CRJ needs to be done becuase it uses custom datarefs.Well I have a MCP and will try to convert it to the MCP 2.If someone that knows program and have the MCP needs the CRJ200 just ask.