Sign in to follow this  
colton787

Help with the PMDG 737-800 NGX

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this, sounds like an easy fix but I cant figure it out for the life of me!I have the PMDG B738 NGX for FSX and it has been running flawlessly since I got it. It used to start up already running, engines, and everything, ready for takeoff and for some reason when it starts up now, its engines are shut down, HUD off, NAV equipment un-aligned etc. (It isn't cold and dark though) I tried manipulating the CDU load states and that doesn't fix it, not sure what went wrong with it!!! If anyone could help me by getting it running upon start up I would be very thankful. Sincerely, Colton G

I have not experienced this on the NGX however I had a similar problem with the MD-11. When it loaded in gauges would be blacked out, switches would be out of place, flaps down and the gear would be spun around. It turned out I had inadvertantly switched planes in FSX before the 20 second countdown had completed, and somehow that had messed with the load in.I found a reinstall did the trick, however by the 4th time this had happened I had isolated which particular file had been causing the issue and simply made a copy, for whenever it happened again.

Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this, sounds like an easy fix but I cant figure it out for the life of me!I have the PMDG B738 NGX for FSX and it has been running flawlessly since I got it. It used to start up already running, engines, and everything, ready for takeoff and for some reason when it starts up now, its engines are shut down, HUD off, NAV equipment un-aligned etc. (It isn't cold and dark though) I tried manipulating the CDU load states and that doesn't fix it, not sure what went wrong with it!!! If anyone could help me by getting it running upon start up I would be very thankful. Sincerely, Colton G
Colton, press on MENU (CDU) for some sec. It will now wake up. Then choose PMDG SETUPand chose a "Panel State Startup" that you prefer.. This will then be the default state for your acevery time you start up FSX and the NGX./ Leffe

Leffe,Thanks again for the help, so this is what I did: My aircraft starts up with engines off, wheel chalks in place APU, Air stat unit connected. I went into virtual cockpit view, clicked on the CDU > PMDG SETUP > STARTUP STATE, and this is where I get a bit cofused. My options in the STARTUP STATE are NGX CLDDRK, NGX LONG, NGX SHORT, I click NGX LONG, and the EXEC button and then nothing happens and when i exit the flight and open up a new one same result! ahh I hope I didnt break my favorite toy :(

Thanks all who helped me out with this. It turns out when I installed a Wilco product it made an error to the .dll file. PMDG sent me revised file to paste into FSX and all is well. Thanks again!-Colton