Sign in to follow this  
pbenoit

General User Manual? Tutorial Flight? Quick Start?

Hello,I just bought this beauty. While there are ;lots of .PDFs, there does not seem to be a general user manual to acquaint one with the software, panel switching, features, all the stuff, which for example, ESDG, Flight One and PMDG usually provide to acquaint you with the product and their implementation.The normal prcedures are great, if you are already familiar with the aircraft. Is there a "quick start", "tutorial first flight" or anything like these available, planned? I feel like a whiner here, have been simming for ever, mostly big complex iron.... and this "little" one is very complex and needs a bit of generic "this is how it all works" instruction. I remember the "Meridian" long long ago, was the same complexity, but it did have some good introductory user stuff, in addition to all the complex component doc.Thanks for any guidance here, and again, sorry for being a wimpy old dude, this is my first carenado product, and I want to learn all the features and how-tos. I prefer the written words with illustrations, rather than the Pavlovian try and fail, try and learn, been there done that for 60+ years.Cheers to all and tnanks,Paul BenoitKOWD/KBOS

Carenado have never ever produced quick start guides/ tutorial flights...!!Dont think they going to start soon either..

Suggest you dust off your Meridian manuals, tutorials, and videos - I did.. :smile:In addition, there is a fair amout of useful information to be found on the Internetfrom real world P46 owners.Carenado's strength has always been in crafting really nice looking airplanes, notwriting manuals (unfortunately..)

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanks Gents, appreciate your quick responses. I will sniff around for some piper docs. And I guess I'll go into BF Skinner pigeon pecking mode and try things and see what I break., hahahahahahaha, o me of little faith. I guess if I can handle the Maddog I can handle this little guy.Thanks again,Paul BenoitKowd/Kbos