Sign in to follow this  
Highmike

Rolf - here's the panel.cfg file:

Here's the panel.cfg file for the Wings of Power II P51D (Snooks).Make sure the following gauge file is in the main gauges folder:Beech_Baron.cabIt may already be there otherwise you'll find it in the Baron 58's panel folder.Let me know if this works for you (I may have the wrong file).Also, you'll have to rename the file and change the file type from txt to cfg - the forum software wouldn't let me upload a .cfg file.Good luck. :(

Mike Beckwith

Tried fiddling a bit on my own and managed to get the C172 gyro and OBI into the 3D cockpit. It doesn't look great but for the purpose of the race it's bearable. I know the Baron HSI shows more info in one dial but it would spoil the looks even more.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Glad to hear you were able to fix it Rolf. Editing .cfg files is pretty easy in FS. Here's a link to the ESP SDK which documents the files:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526948.aspxIf the link gets broken just Google MS ESP SDK. The SDK is for ESP but it's virtually identical to the one for FSX.

Mike Beckwith

Thanks for the link. A bit much to take in right now but maybe in the future. Had a look at the FS panel studio as well. Doesn't seem to do VC's but the gauge editor might be useful.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Hi Rolf,FS Panel Studio does do gauge placement in VCs. I think it's limitation is just that you can't build a VC panel from scratch with it. Personally I really like the tool. It's very easy to set up and and intuitive use. You can't beat the GUI interface for switching out gauges. It also supports both FS9 and FSX.Cheers,Craig

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

Thanks for the info, Craig. Guess I should've spent my cash on FSPS instead of Wilco's Avanti. I'm currently working on replacement VC graphics for the freeware Avanti as I'll be using that in the race. Nothing fancy, just draw a new background and slap on some B737 gauges or something. We'll see. :)

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg

Rolf,You might want to try installing the free demo version. IIRC it has some functionality, and may be somewhat helpful. I don't recall how much it actually does, but I remember trying it and being able to do some things with it. Good luck!Craig

Craig Taylor

Craig.png?dl=1

I have. It does pretty much everything the full version does, except saving, but at least you know what you get.

Rolf Lindbom

wHDDh6t.jpg