Hello,as Chris posted this screenshot (see link in the quote) on another thread I think, I'll start a new one as this is a separate issue:

HI Dean,I know what you means lights gray with whiter, in normal way, but not exagerated with a complete bottom to upper gray clouds, in some conditon it will look bad, I was talking about this screenshots http://s18.postimage...0_47_47_189.png I got this before without shade all the time on all condition, untill I reinstalled fsx, it fixed.
This is ecaxtly the issue I run into currently.My first question is to Chris if he is talking about "Shade" or about the "Shader 3.0 Mod" from Bojote?Just to be sure, we do not mix things up here!I talk about "Shade" and have uninstalled it and reverted to the original textures as my clouds where always like in the picture above.Obvisously, the uninstallation of Shade haven't cured the things here ...And I certainly do not want to reinstall FSX if it could be avoided ...So my question is, if somebody has suggestion what I could replace or change hereI have backed up my complete maiden FSX, so I can copy over all textures and files, but I need a hint which one...?Many thanks!Günter

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, I think I solved it!Here are the default FSX day presets:http://aussiex.org/f...fault-pre-sets/download them and install and load like in the readme!Take care to not "clone day 1", but load every single day cycle!Now I have nice clouds again!EDIT: if the mods like, they can change the thread title into "Shade: problem with white and grey clouds" as it would be more precise maybe ...

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

Hello,Yes, this problem has been reported before (aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9807-dark-clouds/)As a result, you may want to look at this topic (aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/9790-ambient-cloud-lighting-tweak/) to counteract the problem. Regards,Clem, Shade Beta Tester.

Hi Günter,Thanks for helping this for those who have the problems with shade addons installed, in my case, it was without any shade addons installed, early release of fsx and last summer happend twice, I think since fsx release in 2007, I got this problem about 7 time, the same result like I mention in the other thread and here in your main post with the picture, even getting back default complete fsx shade folder etc I had to reinstall fsx when it happend.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

I also have Shade and noticed this effect.. but I don't quite understand this thread.. if I load those default presets and than apply some other Shade preset did I correct the problem or is the problem back? Is this only for people who don't want to use Shade anymore?

Is this only for people who don't want to use Shade anymore?
Yes, sorry that I was not clear enough...I also got into trouble after uninstalling shade, that I still had the white and grey clouds!The above filekit cured it then .... Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner